Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pally-HO!!!!
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The purpose of this thread is for Dark Angels players to discuss tactics and ideas in a friendly environment. As a Dark Angel player myself, I am interested in what my comrades are doing with the army.
Pretty much, post anything related to our beloved chapter such as tactics, army lists, and useful ideas.

Glory to the Lion!

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I was a long-time (OK 1.5 years) player of Dark Angels. I have to say that I think that with a very few exceptions, the new Dex is a lot nicer than the last.

I love the idea of combat squads and the idea of a combined Ravenwing squad of Bikes/Attackbikes/Speeders. Dark Angels, to me, are the epitome of what the defensive Space Marine gunline should be. I would have loved it if the Dex could have included the old 'Intractable' special rule, or something to that effect with the same name.

I have a buddy who is a new player and is starting Dark Angels. He is finding it hard going thus far, but he is improving.

Any ideas I can pass on to a new player to both DA and 40K?

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
That sounds like an awesome idea.... First thing I would have suggested would be to try and keep your HQ's cheap, but I doubt that its possible considering the units you are choosing to use. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
with my DA, i found that the ravenwing/deathwing army isnt all its cracked up to be.
Completely true. Expensive and easy to kill bikers with expensive and (for the points) easy to kill Terminators aren't as good as people say, but can be a decent part of an army, like my one Deathwing supported by 1 Ravenwing + attack bike with melta weapons to down tanks and provide the homer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you are doing a multi-wing army, than remember that LOS blocking terrain is your best friend, because you have too many expensive models to waste anything. If you are using Sammael, buy an Apoth. for a bike squad. Same goes for Belial, the Apoth. may cost no small amount of points, but it makes its points back saving just one model. Because Sammael is not an Independant Character, running him in his 14 armoured speeder (to me anyways) is just a better buy. Don't charge with any of your squads into the enemy unsupported, just a bad way to die. In my experiance, the best way to equip the Deathwing is with 1 sergeant (pw and sb), 1 paired lightning claws, 1 ass cannon and pf, and 2 sb and pfs. That's what I've got so far, I'll post again if I think of more.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
for me (deathwing) its more the painting and modelling side. not sure about my friend though, who is now a part of this forum Dark Fathr Paul, keep an eye out for him. i will be taking an entirely Terminator army, hopefully, and using one of his units equipped with tele-homers to bring my guys down nice and close second turn, or even first for some :biggrin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts