Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Magnets are the best. Well done on the fighter!

I have been arguing with my Stormraven's top turret for some time with magnets. Basically I have put magnets on the arm that holds the gun, magnets on the gun covers and holes through each gun so that the cover meeting the support arm holds them in place. It's...frustrating...at times when magnets don't want to stay where you want them to stay. Any tips on how not to cover your fingers with superglue/gluing your fingers to the model while putting a magnet in a very specific but flat spot? I feel like I just need to be more steady in the hands...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Magnets are the best. Well done on the fighter!

I have been arguing with my Stormraven's top turret for some time with magnets. Basically I have put magnets on the arm that holds the gun, magnets on the gun covers and holes through each gun so that the cover meeting the support arm holds them in place. It's...frustrating...at times when magnets don't want to stay where you want them to stay. Any tips on how not to cover your fingers with superglue/gluing your fingers to the model while putting a magnet in a very specific but flat spot? I feel like I just need to be more steady in the hands...
Have you tried using stickytack on one side so that the magnet is easer to handle? You can attach that to the back of a cheap bic pen or a toothpick. It can be tricky, but give that a try. It may work well for you.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Thank you. Why I couldn't put the sticky tack on one side of my desk with the toothpicks on the other and combine them with the magnets I'm working on in the centre...

Seriously, that's a friggin' brilliant idea. Imagine how many things I could have avoided gluing my fingers to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts