Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this came up in an army list that I started working on, and I'd love some suggestions about the best builds for Dreadknights.

I was currently thinking about running two of them with Personal teleporters, Greatswords, and Incinerators. They're stupid expensive, 10 points above a Land Raider, but they have amazing versatility. 4 wounds, Terminator-based saves, Jump Monstrous with a Shunt... There's a Torrent flamer on there... And he gets 4 S10 attacks that can reroll hit, wound and penetrate.

Coke and I have been going back and forth on this one; he seems to feel the Greatsword's not worth the points (10% of said Raider), while I feel that having all those rerolls can easily make it back the first time a negated miss deals some damage.

Any other thoughts? Does anyone else play it just as Psycannon support maybe, or use the Hammer instead of the sword? Whatever.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I imagine those attacks would wreck vehicles, so even if you just use it for that role those two would annihilate enemy armour.

Also, the sword looks damn cool, and has a great intimidation factor (never discout that in a game where the models are so detailed and can look so great). I know I'll shoot a big scary Tyranid if it looks scarier than the one next to it, even if his friend might tactically be a slightly better option.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Definitely Heavy Incinerator, Personal Teleporter and Greatsword. The rerolls To Hit are awesome, and in 6th frees you up to Force Weapon your target. Teleporter is required so you don't eat Lascannons and die or never get into range, Heavy Incinerator's a steal so bolt it on. Heavy Psycannon would be good in any other army, but you should have all the str7 ap4 Rending you need from all the other Psycannons you took with every squad in your army.

Midnight

1 - 3 of 3 Posts