Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i bought myself a battle force a few months ago and im finally getting round to expanding from it, besides the battle force i already had 5 marines and a librarian. So heres what i have so far.

HQ-

Librarian - 100pts

Troop-

Tactical Squad (10 man) w/ flamer and missile launcher - 230pts
Srg w/ powerfist
Rhino

Tactical Squad (10 man) w/ plasma gun and missile launcher - 180pts

Scout Squad (5 man) w/ heavy bolter - 85pts

Fast- Assult Squad (5 man with jump packs) - 130pts
Srg w/ storm shield and power weapon

total- 725

im looking for advice on what i could buy (im financially limited at the moment and have only 60 pounds maybe 70 to expand it to 1000pts
so any help will be muchly appreciated,
thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Based on what you have and given your budget I would do the following.

First add melta bombs to your assault sgt. It will allow him to crack armor easier. add a chaplin with melta bombs.

Upgrade your lib so he can cast 2 powers a turn, give him gate and place him with the second tac squad. Change the ML to a MM since you will be getting in closer to the enemy.

Add in a Pred.

if you have points left and $$ a few land speeders.

·
Registered
116 Posts
HQ-
Librarian - 100pts

Troop-
Tactical Squad (10 man) w/ flamer and missile launcher - 230pts
Srg w/ powerfist
Rhino
They're OK as they are.

Tactical Squad (10 man) w/ plasma gun and missile launcher - 180pts
These guys need some transport, I'd say. Razorback would be fine if you're going to combat-squad plasma and ML.

Scout Squad (5 man) w/ heavy bolter - 85pts
Are they bolters + HB? I prefer scouts like either CCW+meltabombs/PF+combi-melta (antitank suiciders) or snipers. Since there should be CCW hands in your battleforce (and no sniper rifles, if memory serves), you may consider making them an anti-armour unit instead of being BS3 shooters.

Fast- Assult Squad (5 man with jump packs) - 130pts
Srg w/ storm shield and power weapon
One storm shield is too much a risk - you reallocate a single wound and have a chance of losing your power weapon (one that really matters in the unit). And meltabombs would be really nice here if you meet a Walker.

Possible upgrades:
- razorback for your second Tac squad;
- meltabombs/PF/combi-melta to scouts;
- another assault squad (spare PF and meltabombs) - add 4 bodies to your assault squad and get your librarian a jump pack - now you've got a fast-moving CC threat;
- Rifleman Dread/Land speeder Typhoon/AC+las Predator for some extra ranged punch.

Think this will bring you to around 1000pts and cost you around 60-70 pounds.

Hope this helps.

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
$$$ wise, it's hard to go wrong with Razorbacks and Speeders...

For rifleman dreads, you've gotta spend some $$$ - first the dread, then the Foregeworld Arms (or just convert them) FYI - the new venerable dread kit is way more useful than the old one... it has interchangable weapon arms

In fact, I would NEVER buy a rhino... cause at some point, you'll want that turret... and with the Razorback kit you get everything for a rhino...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts