Votes: 0 0.0%
  • night lords

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was originally going to post a patriocy thread then i read the weapons thread ...nough said

wwiii trans atlantic wargmming war

so...

havin trouble decidin what army goin to collect now
like them all so anyone that posts sayin its your prefrence will wake up in a very deep pit

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Well being a Night Haunter Nut my vote is with the Night Lords. Maybe even a preheresy one.

I'm going all gaga just thinking about it. :)

·
Registered
954 Posts
I'd vote for Nightlords! Their one of my two favourite chaos armies. The problem you face is the rules one. Both Chao's and Orks are about to get new codex's so perhaps this is not the best time to be starting an army for them! However i have a personal loathing for Ulthwe because of the last codex!

My vote is still Nightlords. I wouldn't touch Orks just yet.

MarzM :mrgreen:

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
Thats pretty much the answer right there, its a personal choice.
EDIT: Although the Eldar Codex is Bang up to date and the others should be with us by the end of the year.

Heres the three main factors for choosing an army as stated by cccp_one.

well your choice of army depends on 3 things -

1) do you like the models?
2) do you like the rules?
3) do you like the fluff?

I always consider number one the most important imo (If I don't like the minis Im never gonna paint the bleeders.)
One of these can be a good enough reason to make a choice but all three can expand the others.

I play Tau for the rules and the models.(now Im getting into the fluff.)

Chaos was all about the modelling oppotunities and the fluff. ( But the rules generate conversions eg. no Kai Gun so make one.)

Orks = loads of simple fun conversion but tons of gitz to paint and you don't see many GT champions out of them ( GT Players, feel free to correct this if needs be).

Chaos= Conversions a plenty and a lower amount of minis to paint, Strong and solid in most departments as long as you focus on your aims.

Eldar = (Im a bit at sea here) Lovely sleek lines but not a hugh amount of conversions to be done ( Unless you re-invent existing stuff.) With the new codex Im not sure but in the past in practised hands a Bugger to face.

·
Registered
966 Posts
If you want my opinion ORKS! More of a challenge than the other 2 so will make you a better gamer and more modeling potential as literally anything goes with orks.

PLUS it aint another marine army - lets face it guys there are enough out there already. Be an individual.

It aint another Eldar army, become more proliffic than Tau and seemingly as popular as Marines so again you are just gonna be ANOTHER eldar gamer.

Also if its CSM then you best of waiting till the new codex comes out sept/oct before making any purchases and/or choices.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
The orks are coming out late 07/early 08, so if you want an army now, than that's probably not an option. Of the two that's left, I would say eldar. But that's just me thinking they look cool. Again, as has been said, it's all about what you want. :wink:

·
Banned
801 Posts
Don't ask other people about what army you should choose. As they are not you, they are not qualified to decide for you, and the minute amount of effort you could spend doing your own research (well, minute in comparison to getting the army up and running) and testing is werll worth it for getting an opinion of your own, that applies to you in totality.

That said, there's nothing wrong with asking about armies, or for people's experiences with armies, but you will never benefit from having someone else chooce an army for you.

In conclusion, Orks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
an army that doesnt have a 3+ save as its basic troop armour

·
Registered
372 Posts
I would guess that Orks v4 won't be that different to Orks v3. Not even GW are stupid enough to update the army list in a way that will invalidate an army made up of literally hundreds of models.

Are they? :shock:

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
You must forgive Kelvin hes been out of the hobby a while.

FYI kelvin in the future just think of GW as the sort of person who regulary touchs the bottom of the iron to see if it is hot enough. i.e. thinker than 2 short planks.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Fair point! :lol: I'll keep an eye out for a new Ork Codex that invalidates every single Ork model ever produced... then they'll take three years to release any compatible models! :wink:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts