Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this isn't the prefered format, but here I go. I'm a guard player, and i am helping a BA SM player re-do his list. this is what we came up with, and i'd like to know if it's good for a friendly league setting. any input will help, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Personally man, i would love to help, but im not big on opening/downloading stuff from forums in this format. Been down that bad stretch of road too many times trying to save my computer. Odds are you would also get more replys and help if you just translated it onto the page in the traditional fashion.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Blood Angels - Blood Angels 1500 points
HQ: Astorath the Grim (1 , 220 pts)

Troops: Death Company (6 , 365 pts)
Death Company 1 365
Lemartes, Guardian
of the Lost
Hand Flamerl; Thunder Hammer

Death Company 2 215
Hand Flamer Thunder Hammer

Whirlwind 1 pintle storm bolter

Troops: Tactical Squad (10 , 180 pts)
Lascannon;

Troops: Tactical Squad (5 , 90 pts)

Elite: Furioso Dreadnought (1 , 125 pts)
Land Raider (1 , 275 pts)
Extra Armor; Pintle-mounted Storm Bolter;

Total Cost: 1570

·
Registered
324 Posts
i know this isn't the prefered format, but here I go. I'm a guard player, and i am helping a BA SM player re-do his list. this is what we came up with, and i'd like to know if it's good for a friendly league setting. any input will help, thanks in advance!
The way i've always looked at it, is in a friendly game, if your not really there to win it or lose it, but just to have fun, then the list comes down to what is fun to play for you or him in this case. Personally though, no matter how friendly the match is, its not alot of fun losing all the time, which is what i see this list doing. That being said, i don't think of a DC list like this is looking to be very competitive to begin with, but ill keep the concept and hopefully make it alittle more worth while.

First and foremost, i dont care how friendly the game is, a 70pt handicap is alittle too much. might aswell raise it 1600-1750. in this case, i will keep it to 1500pts.

HQ: Astorath the Grim (1 , 220 pts)
A must for a DC list of course, but also just a solid choice in HQs.

Troops: Death Company (6 , 365 pts)
Death Company 1 365
Lemartes, Guardian
of the Lost
Hand Flamerl; Thunder Hammer
Honestly, this is a bad arse model, and if you plan on keeping him, atleast give him a few more guys and a rhino, otherwise i would think you are better off dropping him to save some points and/or getting a reg chappy in there. Atleast that way you can use the model, but for less points. Also, as far as the TH goes, i would either drop it for a PF, or a PW&Melta bombs. i would take the PW&MBs because w/ the DC rules, they should take full advantage of the buff to Initiative.

Death Company 2 215
Hand Flamer Thunder Hammer
Too small of a squad, and same thing about the TH.

a note about these entries so far. I would drop the second DC sqd and buff the numbers to the first one to like 8 maybe 9 and either keep lemartes or drop him for a chappy. with that done, at this point lvl Asroth is cool, but i think for the points, a PW or dual LC captain would serve you better. With the points saved you might be able to have enough to run a sang priest to run with your normal troops to up their effectiveness. plus they should be in a rhino. ill talk about the LR later.

Whirlwind 1 pintle storm bolter
drop the pintle SB. that tank should never be seen, and if it is, its probably too late at that point anyway.

Troops: Tactical Squad (10 , 180 pts)
Lascannon;

Troops: Tactical Squad (5 , 90 pts)
The first squad is alright, but just a expensive Heavy weapons platform, or if your running, you will never use that expensive cannon. depedning on what you do, maybe you should drop the cannon for a ML. The second squad will do you nothing and nill, nada. And both squads should have some sort of powerweapon IMO.

Elite: Furioso Dreadnought (1 , 125 pts)
not bad, he can be a decent addition. although i think hes not going to see alot of action without DPing him in, which wouldnt be horrible.
Land Raider Extra Armor; Pintle-mounted Storm Bolter;
(1 , 275 pts)
Drop the pintle SB, unneeded. This could serve your DC pretty well aswell as add some ranged support which you are currently lacking

So, going on the notion that these are the models he has, with maybe slight alterations to some of them, this is what i think might work better for a list.

HQ:
Captain w/ dual LCs - 130
Chaplain w/ crozius&BP - 100pts

Elites:
Furioso Dread w/ Blood talons, Drop Pod - 155pts

Troops:
9 DC w/ PW, PF, LR w/ EA- 500pts (run chappy here)
10 Assault Marines w/ metla, PF, Rhino w/ EA - 255pts (run captain here)
10 Tactical Marines w/ metla, PF, ML, Rhino w/EA - 265pts

whirlwind - 90pts

1495pts

That to me looks alittle more like a good list to play, and very expandable as a base. You have some ok ranged support with a nice nasty core of CC. as you expand i would think about some sang priests and more assualt troops.

another option would be to drop the landraider, take a storm raven instead, drop maybe a guy out of the assualt unit and pick up a sang priest to run with them.

-or-

drop the LR, take a rhino w/ EA instead, and get some sang priests for the normal units and some speeders to take heat off the rhinos.

All just suggestions to help you make a better, more fun list. Hope that helps! and happy hunting.

·
Registered
220 Posts
i like your assessment blood-knight.

you could put the dread in the storm raven.
and how is the capt. going to fit in the rhino w/ 10 other guys?

·
Registered
324 Posts
hey hey, im doing this at work with a PDF. cut me some slack. lol. but your right. um.. at that point drop one guy and put those points into spicing up the captain or chappy i suppose. or giving EA to the furioso since he needs to keep moving.

·
Registered
316 Posts
My only thought is i really don't like jump jet dc...i find that you spend a good part of the game hoping they are pointed in the right direction...i recommend trying them in metal boxes. Zip them 18 inches forward to a relevant place in the battle field and ask your opponent if he wants to open the box and see what is inside. I know this means you friend cannot run Lemartes, but he could give them a Chaplin for 100 pts.

For Astro boy i would run him with a squad of Assault marines with jump jets, this way he has a forward moving scoring unit.

To be honest i am not a big fan of the Tac squad in BA, if you need a squad of guys to sit on an objective in you deployment zone then i would go with Camo-cloak scouts 6 with sniper rifles and 1 with rocket launcher, this seems to be about the right number to help put some shots down field for me.

In the heavy slot i would either try an Auto cannon/lascannon predator or the 2 twinlinked auto cannon dread..

Oh i just noticed in one of the lists there is a guy with a thunder hammer in one of the Dc squads...this guy should also have a bolter, they have relentless might as well take advantage of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts