Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if we've enough of a community for good new player advise. I'll ask anyway..

I currently possess, pKaya, 2 argus, 1 feral WW (<--battlebox), 1 gnarlhorn satyr, 1 WW stalker, Lord of the Feast..

I like/intend to purchase.. new warlock, druids & overseer, tharn wolfriders, tharn blood trackers, and maybe the purblood WW.

I was on privateer's forum and there was a nice post about warlocks and who are their favorite, like 40 responses. eKaya, Kromac, Mohsar, and Baldur we're on the top.

I like the wolves and the goats, not so much the constructs right now. eKaya or Mohsar seem cool to me.

Any advise out there?

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
i suppose not :/
Yeah, I think Circle are still pretty underplayed at the moment, and Heresy's Warmahordes community is still a bit small for some armies. If I knew much about Circle myself, I'd certainly give you a hand though :)

As I said in the other thread, If I ever started collecting hordes, Circle would be my first choice, so I'd be interested in hearing about your experiences with them up till now.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
as a gamer i've always chosen stealth and critical/cut the head off from the snake style of play and it is definitely a trademark of circle. i am very new and have seen that they can be played many other ways. this is just my first approach. so far what i know of them is that they run through terrain quickly, are difficult to hit, but a bit low on the damage resistance, and have a lot of stealth possibilities. they can hit hard and trick your opponent, though i'm still learning about positioning and timing these combinations correctly. otherwise the axe in your face kind of armies are hard for me to deal with sometimes.

its like playing a fantasy video game for the first time and trying to go through it with a bow and arrow, compared to using the great sword which is easier to handle. bow and arrow is sweet once you get it down, in the mean time i die to the big axe easy when i make a mistake. my buddy runs trollbloods and his force is an in your face, so right from the start with me it's dealing with that difficulty. good to get it out of the way early i suppose.

oh and i've decided on epic kaya as she does well with hvy wolfbeasts, which i'm intent on running to begin with. i found a post in the privateerpress forums about warlocks and there was a vote for who was the best and primal kaya only received two sympathy votes. eKaya was top of the list with 3 others.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I heard someone describe them as a "sideways" army - they won't stand up to a straight fight, but they'll hit you where you least expect it :) A very different play style to menoth, which I'm starting with. Let us know how eKaya does for you :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts