Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was kinda bored today before work and started looking at our different units and thought of this but not 100% sure it would work so please comment.

CLord: TArmour, MoT, LClaws
(decent in combat, MoT for more survivability)

CLord: same as above

10x CSMarines: Champ w/ PFist, 2x meltagun, IoCG, Rhino
("standard" CSM troop choice)

10x CSMarines: same as above

10x CSMarines: same as above

3x Obilterator Cult
(accompanies one Lord, swiss army-guard)

3x Obliterator Cult
(accompanies the other)

1505 pts

Basicly the idea came from me trying to like the Oblits. I just can't get around there stats and points cost so I will multi-role them as CC and long range support depending on the army and situation.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Your termies will die pretty quick without a body guard, though it is good to see just normal chaos marines, split the oblits into 3 units of 2

·
Registered
156 Posts
The oblits as a bodyguard is an interesting twist. They just are not THAT good in close combat. I wouldn't scrap the idea though. What about giving your lord some ranged weapony. Combi-plasma maybe? IDK that seems underpowered now that I look at it.

I just don't think deep striking a bunch of obliterators into close combat is that effective either. If you make your lords shooty you would not have to deep strike. Though you probably would want to often anyway.

I really like the idea. Hope you don't mind if I do the same thing with Terminater Sorcerers. They seem like a good fit.

·
Registered
496 Posts
since hes using MOT i would say Deamon weapons would work well on your lords, Tzeentch lords can use them as ranged weapons

otherwise i would change one to khorne and get a Blood feeder (+2d6 attacks in CC) and the other to Slaanash (dam typos...) and give him the Slaanash Deamon weapon (causes ID)

if you want your lords for pure survivablity then go for MON over MOT though

+1 Toughness and FNP > +1 to invunrible save (making it 4+ reguardless of weither they have Termi armor or not)

·
Registered
941 Posts
maybe deep strike the oblits and the lord so they can be in CC right away, then you don't have to worry about shooting!:grin: (can you deep strike the lord, if in a unit with models that can, I think so?!)

·
Registered
131 Posts
I agree that by using Oblits in CC you are wasting their main benefit which is the vast array of weaponry, would do much better using regular termies for this function or as mentioned above use them as body guard but keep them ranged rather than cc.

·
Registered
477 Posts
+1 Toughness and FNP > +1 to invunrible save (making it 4+ reguardless of weither they have Termi armor or not)
Mark of Nurgle does not confer Feel no pain mate. And in the case of a terminator 4+ invuln save is better than +1 toughness. Most things that ignore terminator armour are high strength weapons anyways and will probably wound on a 2+. In which case MoT wins no?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thinking about it now, I'm going to backup and punt on this one. Those Oblites are still too expencive to even think about having them in CC, besides with that list I'm only puting out 5 units (three of which will start out on the board anyway).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts