Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Mantic has just revealed their newest army for Kings of War. Basileans, or something like that. Basically it's an army of holy crusaders... and I love that idea. So now I want to find a Fantasy army that I can use the models for. But I need an army that can work for it.

From what I've seen so far, I need the following aspects:

• Winged Monstrous Infantry (they use large angels).
  • Armored Knights
  • Differing levels of armed/armored Infantry (They have spearmen, swordsmen, Sisters carrying flails)
  • Light Cavalry
  • Chariot
  • 2 Winged MC-sized Special Character (angels)
  • Possibly some other interesting Special Characters eventually, including some lord on a Lion.
Now all things considered, I think that either the Empire or the High Elves would work perfectly for this... most of these units are already things the Elves have. However, the big sticking point are the Angels. Chaos would allow me to have A Daemon Prince, maybe two based on points... But not as a Rank of 3 MC Infantry.

Any thoughts?

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
Those are some of the ugliest models I've seen, they look like somebody rammed a hamster up their ass, pounded it with a sledgehammer, puked it up, ate it, shat it out, sculpted it into a giant knob and then stuck some wings on.

So the usual mantic design process.

BUT!!!!, if your crazy enough to want to molest peoples eyes with their huge levels of ass, then I guess high elves would do the job, and just use the angels as eagles.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are some of the ugliest models I've seen, they look like somebody rammed a hamster up their ass, pounded it with a sledgehammer, puked it up, ate it, shat it out, sculpted it into a giant knob and then stuck some wings on.

So the usual mantic design process.

BUT!!!!, if your crazy enough to want to molest peoples eyes with their huge levels of ass, then I guess high elves would do the job, and just use the angels as eagles.

.... well, I'll go with everyone is entitled to their opinion regarding models, and pretend you didn't just insult me for my tastes.

In terms of stats... do you really think that an Eagle is comporable to something on that scale?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And the Special Characters? Elves riding Eagles?

I was more concerned with the fact that Eagles really can't hold their own in combat. They're not really supposed to. Going by that math, I'd say perhaps Brets are better, and using Pegasi Knights.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
Yeah why not, close as your gonna get.

And no eagles can't really hang around in combat, but that's not what they do.

But yeah beets could work, infantry wil be shit, but no matter.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was actually looking at Tamurk... whatever the Warhammer Forge book was from FW. They have the rules for a Great Host of Chaos, which lets you ally Daemons with Warriors, and I was considering it, honestly. Unfortunately I was really hoping for something like Large Flying Infantry ranks as a Rare or something, instead of just loading up on 'angelic' Lords.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts