Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So finally decided to make the switch to loyalist marines after having a decent CSMarine career (The corpse-huggers wouldn't crucify me would they?) and was looking for some advice. I want to start a CC based army and didn't know if it was possible using the C:SMarines or if I would be better off using SWolves, BTemplars or BAngels.

Keep in mind that I would rather use the C:SMarines so I can make my own chapter. I've been digging through the thread history and I discovered there is VERY little use for Shrike. I've also noticed that Vanguard and Assualt Marines are getting a bad rap. Are these choices not competive or what?

I personally like playing armies that are not very popular to kind of mix the hobby up a bit and to keep some history of the armies alive. I would love to use jump packs and scouts in this new project so the Raven Guard looked very promising. Thoughts and advice are very welcomed.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
personally i love RAS; however if you plan on having them be your main force of attack youll generally need a LOT of points invested in them.

generally id say that youll need 250+ points per squad...id go 10 man, 1 flamer & a PF on the sarg...id also HIGHLY recommend drop pods, this idea however comes with a SLIGHT draw back...no anti-tank guns.

the other highly mobile route to go is bikes

the best way ive seen it is to take a captain (or master) on a bike with a PW of sorts. this allows you to make bikes scoring (awesome)

again this squad is expensive at 265 points & thats only with 5 extra bikers & a MM attack bike.

if you have any desire to use scouts id use the (in?)famous scout "surprise" attack" scouts in storm speeders with MMs & the sarg with some combination of combi-melta, PF, melta bomb...

this unit is basically a throw away piece..."see that Uber EVIL tank...kill it...then die"
it has seemed to have a Love/Hate relationship between individuals so if you like it use it

as for use of codex i think its all about fluff...how do you want your army to work?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts