Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I'm trying to use a 10-man CC scout squad in my tourney list. But its been getting pummeled against my bro's necrons. I need some tips. Also, should I pay +1 point per model for frags? Or waste of points? Anyway, need help, please send your advice or experiences. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I use my scouts as a cheap way to divert fire. I equip them with pistols and ccw and infiltrate them(and yes, they have frags) That way my opponent has to deal with them right away or else face getting assaulted by an efficient kill team. Mean while, it gives me time to develop the rest of my army.(Including, getting characters in place that are equipped with teleport homers for my terminators to arrive and open up a can!)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I usually take: 10-man squad (BP/CCW/frags), Vet w/ Powerfist & Teleport Homer. Total Points = 173.

Is that an okay setup? I think I've been too aggressive in my placement in the past. Need to use them better.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Termi,

In my humble opinion scouts = fodder therefore keep them cheap!
Infiltrate them close and preferably in cover, but ideally not in LOS.

If you're using Termis then maybe upgrade one to a sergeant and give him a teleport homer, deep striking termis are then well placed!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts