Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I have been playing a Khorne daemonkin game yesterday and there is one question that I cannot seem to find an answer for.

I have never played a bloodthirster before and since they are a central part of this book I need to understand something.

When building my army in Army builder, they clearly state that the bloodthirsters are all eternal warriors, that being said, I cannot see this in the codex. I might have overlooked something, I am very new to this codex and bloodthirster.

Can anyone please shed some lights on this?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I don't have the Daemonkin Codex, but in the Daemons Codex they do not have Eternal Warrior. T6, so only vulnerable to things that specifically state they cause Instant Death like Force weapons. Do you think they would be different between the books?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Well, my Battlescribe files say KD 'thirsters do not have Eternal Warrior either. Apps are great for points values, but when it comes to rules they're hardly valid sources. I guess since the Daemon book offers you no precedent you'll have to kick it until someone with the book comments on this thread.

EDIT: so I had a look at the book (finally, it's been on my list of things to read since I played a KD army a few weeks back) and none of the three Bloodthirster options have Eternal Warrior.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Confirmed, neither of the three Bloodthirsters are Eternal Warrior. The datasheets for them can be found in WD #60, released on 21st of March, 2015.

It's essentially the same bloodthirster as in the Daemon Codex, but with various weapons options. Not even the Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster (clocking in at 300 point base) has Eternal Warrior.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Looks like the army builder you have has an error on the download for daemonkin. Normally those types of programmes have somewhere you can report or comment on the download to say errors in the code.
Even the Goreguard formation (Daemonlord An'ggrath + 8 thirsters of choice) don't get EW. But do have FNP and Rampage and some other stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts