Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm brand new here this is my first post so let me know if I'm running afoul of any community guidelines.

I'm having some pretty hefty issues playing against a friend using units mostly from the Indomitus Box. We've played twelve times and I've won twice, which given how I'm reading meta and the opinion on the internet seems to be I should be stomping face as SM so I feel like I'm missing something.

I specced Black Templar and run into the same seemingly insurmountable problem every game. He sets up lines of warriors behind a wall of scarabs that he moves to prevent my advance up the board. I'm tied up trying to either maneuver around the swarm, or smash headlong into them, giving him enough time to utterly decimate my units with his warriors and Doomstalker. I started using Will of the Emperor, and Devout Push to tag his minis into melee combat to use as a "bullet shield" stepping stone to get close enough to his doomstalker, but then he simply falls back on his movement phase to get me out of melee and again decimates my units with shooting while moving his Destroyers and Skorpekh Lord in to utterly wreck my high priority units. I could use Tenacious Assault to hold him there, which costs me a ton of CP, but then when I kill his units in melee on my turn he'll simply choose to remove models closest to my next attacker, or high priority target, pulling them out of melee combat and thus making it so they can't attack, and they're now vulnerable to his next shooting phase.

I tried the Crusader Helm on my Bladeguard Ancient to get my Bladeguard Veterans into assault phase, and then went in tight formation using my Judiciar as an anti charge shield but even with Look Out Sir his doomstalker just NUKES them. I tried bikes bikes bikes to maneuver around quick, but again couldn't get around the wall of scarabs. I tried my eradicators behind melee as shield, but I can't get far enough up the board.

I keep running into the same problem over and over. I simply can't do enough damage with my 50 power worth of guys to get through his wall of wounds, so get shot to death. His reanimation protocols with his reanimator means I just can't get across the board fast enough to prevent my infantry from dying instantly. I tried playing to objectives, but he can just drop his mountain of warriors on those points. This is getting frustrating, please help.

·
Registered
Subjugators
5 Posts
Unfortunately, you just haven't got the firepower. Without some major unit swop-outs, the most you can do is a little weapon swop but it won't make a big enough impact, E.G. change your Sergeants bolt pistol/plasma pistol to a flamer.

You need higher impact (s6 weapons) Hellblasters would be a good start (chancing overcharge). You'd need a minimum of three squads of ten intercessors with Auto Bolt rifles just to hold them back but that's a whole chunk of points just to hold back so little points on his side. You need to find something that can hit hard and hit fast at a low cost and there isn't much to choose from.

All I can think of that may give you a glimmer. Would be reconsidering how you are deploying your force. Draw the scarabs to one side of the table. Giving you a possible reinforcement on the other to cause carnage (Thinking outriders here).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts