Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just finished all of the Gaunts Ghosts novels (except Blood Pact) and really dug all of them. The last one just left me hanging and wanting more. Not just of Gaunts Ghosts, but of Warhammer 40,000 as well.

I just ordered Eisenhorn and Ravenor omnibus books, but what other books are recommended?

I have been browsing Black Library for awhile and a couple have caught my eyes. These includes:

Imperial Guard: Omni Bus
The Last Chancers
Gunheads

To name a few.

Horus Heresy sounds interesting.

What other books are recommended?
I really loved the books Dan Abnett wrote. I really dug being able to track characters from book to book.

Im hooked now and looking for more.

Many thanks.

Mkoll

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Well Horus Heresy is a great choice, a series of classics. Other then that i'd recommend Soul Hunter, Salamander and Grey Knights.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Though you've almost ruined black Library books for yourself by reading the best sereis they produce :biggrin:

I recommend the Ciaphas Cain & Heresy series.
:biggrin:

Ya, I really enjoyed Gaunts Ghosts. I definitely plan to re-read the series. Been a very long time since I became attached to characters in this series. It was awesome. I hope to find more like this, but sounds like it might be little difficult.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
The Heresy series is without a doubt the best series of books i've read, probably in part due to the fact that i always thought the Heresy and Great Crusade parts of the fluff were the best. Even so it is still outstanding.

·
Registered
66 Posts
From what you've read and what you have ordered, you have some awesome reads ahead of you. Other suggestions would be what other posters have said. Soul Hunter, Path of the Warrior and the Ultra Marines books. I really enjoyed the later two books of the Blood Angles.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
I would suggest you to get following:

Storm of Iron
Angels of Darkness
Soul Hunter
Lord of the Night
Dark Apostle

Horus Heresy has been suggested quite many times, but you should maybe read more normal 40k novels before going into it. Then you might better understand differences between present and past. Almost all those novels i suggested have chaos forces in it and i think its good to read some novels from baddies side aswell. Plus they are really good novels.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Like Vaz said, Shadow Point and Execution Hour are great. Hopefully BL produces an omnibus for them. I have both books, but I would buy the omnibus for sure.

·
Registered
92 Posts
the gaunts ghosts series and the eisenhorn trilogy, dan abnett is one of the best BL writers he's also worked on xmen and superman comics, dc and marvel respectively..

·
Registered
147 Posts
HH series, Titanicus, Helsreach, Path of the Warrior from novels. I recommend also Xenology and The Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer from background books.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts