Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently fell in love with the Sisters Repentia models. It's one of the rare times that I actually approve of a scantily clad female miniature in a grimdark-war-all-the-time setting. Perhaps because they don't have DDD breasts and a 12" waist wearing a leather bikini (or no top at all, as is so common) and hefting a weapon three times their weight. These ladies seem like they belong in the 41st millenium, and they're not trying to give me a boner. I'm not about to start an Adepta Sororitas army any time soon, but I must have a few!

If you were me, what would you use them as?

Berzerkers are the obvious choice, I suppose, but damnit if I don't already have ~35 actual Berzerkers, and then a squad of 10 traitor Space Wolves to be Berzerkers/Khorne-marked CSM. All their chains and such lend themselves pretty well to a Khornate/Chaosy theme.

Cultists are another decent option, but at ~$12 US for 3 of them (20% off list price via my friend's store), that's not the most cost-effective option. I also have around 100 DV Cultists already. If I use them as Cultists, maybe I'd just pepper them throughout a unit to give them some more flavor. I suppose this is the most likely use of them.

I'd use them as Possessed, but there really isn't anything Daemonic about them. And any conversions swapping their heads/parts with Daemonettes would sort of diminish what I like about them. Possessed Cultists? I dunno, that might work. They can still be possessed without being mutated. Since they don't have guns, the look could work, too. Or simply Possessed Sisters Repentia, doesn't really require much imagination. A pallid flesh tone, covered in red/inflamed scars and tattoos of the Chaos pantheon. Maybe a purple flesh tone to add some sort of demonic aspect. This would be my ideal solution, because I only have 1 squad of 10 possessed (from the actual kit, off eBay), and a fluffy Crimson Slaughter list could demand at least 20 for a full-blown unit.

Thoughts? Do you think any of my ideas are passable? These bitches are badass! I need some!

·
Registered
379 Posts
If your opponent is cool with it I would suggest using them to spice up your existing units. You can't really sell them off as anything even remotely resembling power armour so it depends on how easy going the people you play with are.

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your opponent is cool with it I would suggest using them to spice up your existing units. You can't really sell them off as anything even remotely resembling power armour so it depends on how easy going the people you play with are.
Yeah, definitely. So, Cultists or Possessed could work, since Cultists wear t-shirts and Possessed could be possessed anything, in theory. They're getting a Daemon save, anyhow.

*edit*

Oh, damnit! Possessed do have power armor.

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Make them Champions of your various units.
Awesome! There it is. Cultist champions. Don't know why that wasn't obvious to me! This way I can be happy with 3 of them, and I don't get too carried away.

+rep, my good sir.

I appreciate everyone else's input, as well. Thanks, all. Traitor Sororitas, I love it.

I envision these bloody Sisters leading units of cultists in the shadows of the Helbrutes coming in those new formations. A wave of Cultists and Helbrutes. I like the sound of that very much.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
"the power of the dark gods imbued her, she felt her flesh harden and the warp writhe about her" aaaaand power armour. Done.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Cultist champions strike me as the best option, yeah.

I face something of a similar dilemma. Now that a new IG codex looks like it's in the cards, I can't imagine that Imperial Guard will continue to have their Weaken Resolve psychic power, so I need to figure out a use for 15 or so arco-flagellants. Ah well, cultists would suffice, I imagine...

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
"the power of the dark gods imbued her, she felt her flesh harden and the warp writhe about her" aaaaand power armour. Done.
Yeah, it wouldn't be a huge stretch. I wish they were cheaper, I'd definitely load up on them if so. I think I'm gonna pick up 2 blisters of them. I can't imagine myself fielding more than 6 units of Cultists.

Cultist champions strike me as the best option, yeah.

I face something of a similar dilemma. Now that a new IG codex looks like it's in the cards, I can't imagine that Imperial Guard will continue to have their Weaken Resolve psychic power, so I need to figure out a use for 15 or so arco-flagellants. Ah well, cultists would suffice, I imagine...
Cultists do seem like the most forgiving in terms of substituting a basic human from any other unit/game universe. The lack of a decent kit also makes that something of a necessity, unless you're like me and go a little too crazy. I have so many cultists that I can field units each using one sculpt, so I can tell them apart (they're unpainted). Too many Cultists. :headbutt:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
As mentioned, Cultest champs works best, but what about the ally options?

you could proxy them as Demons of Khonre, give there a slight 'warp touched look' to explain the save and you could get that to work.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Personally I would use them as allied demonettes, a squad of khornate cultists, or you could use them as allied bloodletters depending on personal preference.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Those are all good ideas, as well.

My Bloodletter problem is the same as my Cultist problem... too many :cray::laugh:.
Easy--like shaantitus said, field them as Daemonettes (rending in the place of eviscerators, etc) in a Khornate army. Handmaidens of Khorne, or something.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts