Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys me and my friends were use to playing head to head with no victory points. We started playing missions and I just want to make sure we are doing the victory points right. In general you get, one VP for first blood, for each squad that crosses into enemy territory (line breaker), for each hq slain, a bonus point for slaining a warlord, 1 VP for each unit, tank, squadron you destroy, and points for controlling a strategic point correct?

And say if the unit has a dedicated transport and you take that out is that one VP if you don't take out the Squad? And say if you take a squad out and they fall back off the board do you get the VP for that? Sorry for all the Q's i just wanna make sure we are doing this right.

If there is anything I missed or If I am wrong about just let me know. I know the mission objectives are different and you get different VP's for different things I just want to make sure I am getting the general VP point correct. TY!

·
Registered
287 Posts
In general you get, one VP for first blood, for each scoring unit that is in enemy territory at the end of the game (line breaker), for each Independant Character/dedicated transport destroyed, a bonus point for slaining a warlord, 1 VP for each unit, tank, squadron destroyed.
Corrected for you.

Generally, missions with kill points (other than Slay the Warlord)will not also have objectives to claim, and vice versa. It is also important to note that you get points for each opposing unit destroyed, not necessarily destroyed by you.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ooooo ok so most mission the only VP you actually get for killing is to slay the warlord. Other then that you pretty much just kill to try and get linebreaker and to capture/contest and objective?

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
in general everything is considered a "victory point" nowadays.

1 pt for Slay the warlord
1 pt for linebreaker (not 1 pt per unit, just 1 total)
1 pt for first blood

1 pt for every unit in the game if you play Purge the Alien

3 pts for each objective in the rest of the missions minus the Scouring

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I'd like to point out that Fallen is the most correct. You can only ever get 1 point for Linebreaker. You can also get special points for two of the missions. Killing a Fast Attack/Heavy Support unit in The Scouring/Big Guns Never Tire nets a point. Basically an incentive to take out their additional Scoring Units.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'd like to point out that Fallen is the most correct. You can only ever get 1 point for Linebreaker. You can also get special points for two of the missions. Killing a Fast Attack/Heavy Support unit in The Scouring/Big Guns Never Tire nets a point. Basically an incentive to take out their additional Scoring Units.
Good call. I completely forgot about those things.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
that's because i was talking about Victory points Dan, not units that become scoring...

:wink:

Edit: and I am dumb...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts