Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the deal. ive always been a hard up world eater. but the new codex is so vague that i dont know how to properly field an army. and i have so many questions about the new berzerkers. like do they not run at the closest enemy on a roll of 1 or 2 anymore? are they always so........sane?? anyway i would greatly appreciate any advice that can be offered

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
they don't get the extra move any more.

yer there always "sane" now

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
huh so how does the whole world eaters army work then? i know in the last codex everyone had to be a zerker or atleast have the MOK. now do i make a lord with MOK and take zerkers??

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
yep if you want a pure world eater army, it won't be as good cause they don't get the movement now

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
They only way to make a decent World Eaters force is that Maelstrom of Gore or just by lots of Zerkers s what I do its annoying cos there arne't any advantages for having a fully Devoted force.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well that sucks something feirce...

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
But you also get Raptors and havocs! Put MoK on them and paint 'em red. A squad of havocs with 4 meltaguns inside a rhino is pretty nasty in an assaulty army. Throw on some infiltrating Chosen with power weapons or claws and Mok

you can make some decent khorneite armies, just so long as you;re willing to take something other than 6 squads of zerks.

You could even hire out some 'mercenary' sorcererers or cult units that your khorne lord hired for some extra power.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Or you could go Khorne like me: pretty much just Kharn and 3 units of ten bezerkers, and few supporting guys. You don't have to go pure Khorne, but it gives a much better satisfaction. Just don't get yourself normal chaos marines with a MOK- IMO it's a waste of points.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i don't play khorne but i've got the codex here and i've played chaos since i was 11 so
khorne lord,mark of khorne,daemon weapon x2=17 attacks each!!!
terminators,mark of khorne,+other upgrades
berzerkers
Banelord (titan of khorne rules in WD340)
defilers
vindicators
spawn
BIKERS!!!
+ other upgrades makes a good khorne army

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Umm... I think your limited to 1 Daemonweapon per army. Could be wrong tho.. dont quote me yet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i just checked unless it's written somewhere else i believe you can have 2 but not on the same person but yes the khorne daemon weapon is the best with a possible 12 attacks just from the daemon weapon:)

·
Registered
615 Posts
Well i just read the book, and it doesnt say you can only have 1, so agree that you can have 2 HQs with a demon weapon each

I disagree that the Khorne is best tho, I think the blissgiver (one-hit-wonder) is the best choice, followed by the undivided, cause of the +1 str!! ,then the Khorne one, then deathscreamer ,and last and least, Poobringer!

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
There is no longer any restriction on the number of daemon weapons you may have. Though only Chaos Lords (and certain special characters) may have them.

As for what is best...Blissgiver is pretty awesome, I must say. Especially since to have it you need Mark of Slaanesh, which gives you I6, enabling you to kill just about any non-eldar character before they even get to swing at you.

Tzeentch's is interesting, but really if you're playing tzeentch you should be leading with a Sorcerer, whose force weapon is much more useful in combat, and whose access to Doombolt or Bolt of Change are much more practical in the shooting phase.

Nurgle's is probably the second best. Always wounding on 4+ doesn't sound like much, until you realize that the Slaneeshi with his Blissgiver, or the Sorcerer wiht his Force Weapon are utterly helpless in the face of a Wraithlord or other insanely high Toughness model. You can't kill what you can't wound.

Remember when considering the Khorne weapon...all it takes is a single 1 to screw you out of all your attacks and wound you. Two dice means double the chance of getting a 1 and fucking your day up.

·
Registered
615 Posts
there are only so few times a Plaguebringer will outweigh the benfits of the others, ofcourse this all depends on how the rest your army works, i always pew ,pew down the wraithlords

Which one who is better is based on taste and flavor, you can never really tell can you ?

·
Registered
679 Posts
I hate the Khorne deamon weapon. It has such potential, but the dice gods always frown upon me when I use it. I've had my lord in 4 rounds of combat in one game, he only attacked once and got wounded and couldn't attack the other 3 rounds killing himself. It sucked hard. If he can get one solid attack off with it it can devastate an entire squad, but if you roll bad you're screwed.

There are some downfall's to running a World Eaters army with the new codex, but it is entirely still possible. Since it seems more Khorney to me I like to run Predators as my hvy's, Dreds as elites (maybe a squad of MoK termies with Lightning Claws), and Bikes with MoK as FA. Those choices seem to be the most Khorne oriented. I started using Rhinos for my Berzerkers much more often with the new dex. Since they don't move as fast as long as you don't get entangled in the Rhino it makes the assualt just as fast (sometimes faster) than it did with the extra movement.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Use a Daemon Prince instead ;-)

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
What I meant by the 1 Daemon weapon was only 1 on a lord not 1 per army.

Heres my 3 cents on the deamon weapons.

Khornes gives you a 1 in 3 chance that you will both take a wound and sit and do nothing. Youch.

Slaanesh means 1 hit and you kill things right? Well considering that most troops are only 1 wound theres no benefit. If your using it against a character then that means all the rest of your attacks mean almost nothing. IMHO you should make the Slaneshi lord a Slaneshi sorceror so you get the benefits of psychic powers and force weapon for roughly same points.

Nurgles always wounds on a 4+.. well that does nothing against Space Marine and most Chaos armies. Against Tau, Imp Guard, Orks, Eldar, Dark Eldar and any other Toughness 3 army you still wound on a 4+ even though your Str would make it 3+. The only thing this weapon is good for is half of the Tyranid army (the MC half) and Nurgle armies or big, tought character hunting.

Tzentch is a gun which is only AP3. No benefit against Termies and AP2 weapons. At least the other guys can ignore all regular armor. Heck they didnt even make it so that it ignores Invulns or anything. Again I say your better off with a Tzentch Sorceror.

Honestly.. Daemon weapons are a sham and only usefull if you know what your facing. For the points you spend you can get better with a sorceror in almost every scenario.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts