Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help with lizardmen. I'm wanting a thunderous charge army, with kroq gar, stegadons and lots of cavalry. Any help welcome! Would prefer to keep the list small for financial reasons.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Ok, then.

It will be hard to make this list cheaply. Krog-gar is over 600 pts by himself. This means you cannot even field him unless you run a 3000 point army. That, unfortunately, will be expensive (check out bartertown.com, ebay, or craigslist for some better options for getting armies).

Here is what you need. Because you take Krog-Gar, you can take Cold one Cavalry as a core option. So, what you need is:

Krog-Gar model
At least 2 stegadons (I would make one an EOTG or make it so that you can switch between the Ancient, EOTG, and Chief on Stegadon with war spear).
2 boxes of Cold one Cavalry
You will need some skinks, saurus, and other stuff to fill it all in. I would recommend the batallion box (that would also save you on one box of cavalry).
You should get some Chameleons (you could also convert some skinks into them). You will need Kroxigors as well as Salamanders (these guys are really good in 8th edition).

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, then.

It will be hard to make this list cheaply. Krog-gar is over 600 pts by himself. This means you cannot even field him unless you run a 3000 point army. That, unfortunately, will be expensive (check out bartertown.com, ebay, or craigslist for some better options for getting armies).

Here is what you need. Because you take Krog-Gar, you can take Cold one Cavalry as a core option. So, what you need is:

Krog-Gar model
At least 2 stegadons (I would make one an EOTG or make it so that you can switch between the Ancient, EOTG, and Chief on Stegadon with war spear).
2 boxes of Cold one Cavalry
You will need some skinks, saurus, and other stuff to fill it all in. I would recommend the batallion box (that would also save you on one box of cavalry).
You should get some Chameleons (you could also convert some skinks into them). You will need Kroxigors as well as Salamanders (these guys are really good in 8th edition).
So, say if i got two battalion boxes, kroq gar, converted some skinks to chameleons and scratchbuilt my own salamanders and krox? Oh and then some stegadons. That SHOULD be less than £200 :) wich is do-able over time. And thankyou very much!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Something to note. If you want a good model to use for salamanders, try a cold one that has been shortened. Then add a sail along its back or something along those lines. You could then use converted skinks for the handlers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts