Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been out of the game for some time but now I am back and have been invited to a doubles tournament at my local club.

A fellow Chaos marine player approached me and ask if I would like to team up with him. As I wanted to get back into the game I eagerly accepted.

The problem is, he is set in his ways with his halve of the list and does not want to change it, so I am tasked with making my list to compliment his.

So first off, it will be 750 points, each and a single FOC between us both, we are not allowed allies.

My partners list is:

Daemon Prince of Khorne, with wings power armour, Ichor blood and black mace = 270 points

Cultists x10 1 with flamer = 55 points
Cultists x10 1 with heavy stubber and 1 with shotgun = 57 points

Helldrake with baleflamer = 170 points

Defiler = 195

Total 747 points

I am thinking along the lines of adding more numbers and scoring troops with some HS to lend weight of fire to his advancing DP.

My list (as first thoughts):

5 csm - melta gun - 85
Rhino - 35
5 csm - melt gun - 85
Rhino - 35
6 csm - flamer, x5 Additional ccw - 103
Rhino - 35

3 bikes -x2 plasma guns - 100

Vindicator - Havoc launcher - 132

Predator - x3 Lascannons - 140

Total 750 points

All C&C welcomed

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Hi and welcome back to the game! I'll gladly give some feedback, but just take it with a grain of salt - Everyone plays their army in a certain way after all :)

5 csm - melta gun - 85
Rhino - 35
5 csm - melt gun - 85
Rhino - 35
6 csm - flamer, x5 Additional ccw - 103
Rhino - 35
I would probably combine two of these to be a 10 man squad. When you have squads of 5, they break easily and, in case of a Purge the Alien scenario, they are very easy kill points.

3 bikes -x2 plasma guns - 100
Same as above really, it's a very small squad for a 1500 point game. They can be mowed down pretty fast and it only requires 1 to be killed to force a leadership check.

I haven't used these personally, as I prefer to use Havocs/Obliterators for Lascannons and heavy weapons myself. I find vehicles, unless they have either cover or invulnerable save, to be pretty squishy in 6th.

An idea would, perhaps, be to drop the Vindicator and get 2 Obliterators with Mark of Nurgle instead of the Predator. After all, your comrade has both pieplate and a monstrous creature to make up for the Vindicators heavy artillery. The 132 points you can use on additional bikes and maybe some additional marines, so you could have 2 x 10?
I don't see a warlord in your army either. Are you playing as allies or simply two parts of the same army, using his Daemon Prince as warlord?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ok thanks for the reply.

I see your point about the CSM squads and bikers, so, if I combine the 2 CSM units and drop the rhino I will have enough points to get 2 extra bikes with votlw. Does this sound better?

As for the Pred and Vindi, I would really like to keep them in the list. I was thinking that, without them, the Defiler will just be a big bullet magnet and die turn 1.

I dont have a warlord in my army as it is two part of the same force.

The new list should look as follows:

10 csm - 2x melta - 160
rhino - 35
6 csm - flamer, x5 additional ccw - 103
Rhino - 35

5 bikers - 2x plsma guns, votlw - 145

Total points - 750

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
That looks better in my eyes at least -
As for the Pred and Vindi, I would really like to keep them in the list. I was thinking that, without them, the Defiler will just be a big bullet magnet and die turn 1.
That is perfectly understandable. Everyone plays their army differently, and I can certainly understand preferences in this regard :)

6 csm - flamer, x5 additional ccw - 103
Rhino - 35
I'm still not sure about this one, but don't really have a direct suggestion. For a CC unit, 6 models seem awfully small especially at 1500 points. However, they could be boosted through Mark of Khorne.

If you remove the flamer and the votlw from the bikers, you should have the points for mark them, giving them Furious Charge.

Beyond that, it's worth a try :)

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again. My thinking behind the small 6 man squad is that they can help the DP out in combat and then make assaults on small heavy weapon teams or devastators ect. Also, they are small enough to hide in a ruin out of LOS and claim a objective.

·
Registered
432 Posts
If you remove the flamer and the votlw from the bikers, you should have the points for mark them, giving them Furious Charge.
Am i missing something? I thought MoK only gave Rage and Counter-Attack, not furious charge ontop of it. Is it in the FAQ errata or just for bikers?:read:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts