Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I would need some advices on my lists. I'm aiming for 1500/1750 and 1850 points.

HQ :

- Belial with Thunderhammer and Stormshield
- Sammael on jetbike.

Troops :

-5 Men termi + Apoc + standard bearer. One with AC and the others with Thunderhammer and Stormshield. Belial will join them.
-5 Men termi with AC and 3 pairs of lightning claws.
-5 Men termi with heavy flamer.
-3 Men bikes + Apoc. 2 Meltaguns. Sammael will join them.
-3 Men bikes 2 Meltaguns

This would pretty much be the 1500 list. For the others I would add :

Fast :

-2 X RW Support Squadron with Thyphoon missile launcher and MultiMelta.

I don't know what to do with the remaining points and I'm really not sure about my equipment choice, especially on the Terminators..

Any advice?

Thanks.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just a few pointers here. Don't use TH/SS termys. They really suck in our codex, you only get a 4++ in combat. Belial is better off with 2xLC, give him an extra attack at I5. I would choose the apoth. or the standard bearer. They contradict each other, Apoth only works when not in combat and the standard gives you extra attacks. Pick the one that suits the squad and save some points. Sammael should be in his av14 speeder. For some reason he isn't an independent character so he can't join anyones squad on his bike. The apoth. on a bike is cool because he doesn't need to be in a squad to save someone. he becomes a little turbo boosting ambulance. Always get the attack bike. They are well worth their points with a multi-melta. Great cheap distractions. Turbo-boost and park next to the most expensive tank in your opponents army and watch his head spin as he tries everything to kill your 50 pt expendable bike. I killed many land raiders with these bad boys. Last is your speeders. DA typhoon missile launchers aren't worth it and with melta too the speeder doesn't know if it wants to get close or stay away. Personally i like melta/flamer speeders. Pop transports and toast the contents. I use them and the AC/HB speeders that you get with ravenwing bike squads. Why use them you ask. With Sammael in your army they are scoring units. The only scoring vehicles in 40k that I know of. Thats just the few tips i got at first glance. Take them into account and figure some exact points and we can fine tune a good list.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hum I hadn't noticed about Sammael... thanks for the info!
And good points about the Termi weapons and the speeders. Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I like the melta-guns on your bikes, especially with the Apothecary. Very effective against lighter vehicles. Maybe Melta Bombs in case you run into anything too big, you'll have to get within 6" anyway to make use of melta rule, some cheap insurance.

I would try to get a LR Crusader for your LC termies and put Belial with them. Have LC on Belial, 4 LC Termies w/ Banner and HF. Remember you can't assault when you Deep Strike so transport them, softening up targets with Hurricane bolters and TL AC. If you are going to Assault may as well have HF because you don't need the extra range.

I like having two shooty terminator units. Some people like to mix them and have them enter via DS. Especially if you have 3 units you can DS half of them rounding up (ie 2), which allows both assault and doesn't have them standing doing nothing waiting til next turn to assault. Depends on which tactics you prefer. Probably better to mix-and-match at 1500 pts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts