Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah dont want to use something stupid or used alot and i came up with and scrapped several and was wondering if anyone could help me.

Now I play DA and want to come up with a successor to the angels of absolution, not sure dont have my codex with me but the one that never retreats from any xenos scum.

I toyed with Dark Seraphs:hang1: but it didnt seem to fit so I humbly ask any and all fluff masters to help or post links to sites that could help. thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
How about the Grigori? In religon the Grigori are a group of Fallen Angels, also known as the Watchers, who keep an eye on the Earth. Now, you wouldn't have them as Fallen, at least I doubt it, but perhaps a Chapter who keep vigil over a large amount of Fallen that have been placed on some far flung penal world?

·
description whore
2,864 Posts
You reckon the fallen would be kept alive , naa i reckon executed on sight if discovered, plus considering they are thousands of years oldm skilled veterans of the heresy I dont think they'd go down without a fight.

I like the name Grigori though and maybe they dont watch over fallen angels but have been tasked to watch out for fallen angels, maybe that is their sole task

Some off the top of my head

The wings of justice
Angels of redemption

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
They do keep them alive actually DB, they lock them within their Fortress Monastaries, for example the Rock. Or for Marines, Luther and Astelan. So it isn't that hard to believe really, I am sure the Marines would enjoy the eternal screaming of their errant brothers. Wouldn't you?:grin:

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you all(3) for the help. dark angel im very anti-religius so the grigori while a nice name wont be used but thinking it would be used for my deathwing instead. deathbringeri really like angels of redemption nad am probably going to use so veryt much thanks. edd thanks for the help nad + rep for yall.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
why not use 1 of the 2nd+ founding(s) that are already known to the fluff...just that there is little known about each chapter.

for example: Angels of Vengeance

·
Registered
626 Posts
Point of being in the homebrew section is to streth your creativeness and imagination, to come up with your own bad ass marines and fluff. Not to use something that is already in the official Fluff.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Wrong, actually Vali. Homebrew doesn't have to be of your creation, for example I fleshed out the Storm Lords (Although lack of interest forced me to stop posting and move to a different forum for fluff. One which actually gives help....) because something has its name, doesn't mean if you take your own version to it that it is not homebrew...

·
Registered
281 Posts
well if you want a name jsut go thought the options in the SM chapter genarator, at lest it might give you some ideas to work with. It never hurts to try.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts