Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my latest list. I would love some advice on tactics and list improvements ^_^ :D

Ku'gath
Bloodthirster
Flammers of tzeentch x2 squads of 3
Pink horrors x 4 squads of 15 w/ bolt of tzeentch
Daemonettes x15
Soulgrinders x2 w/ phlegm and tongue
Daemon prince of nurgle w/ noxtious touch and breath of chaos

·
Registered
180 Posts
Really don't need phlegm and tongue on the soul grinders.

I personally would not put the breath on the prince would much rather give him iron hide so he can live a bit longer.

Not sure how the Daemonettes are working out of you but i think you would be better off with any other troop choose.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well with the soul grinders they are great for poppin tanks or anything tank like, which is why I bring phlegm on one and tongue on the other. The daemonettes were a trial and error troop wchich was more error than trial lol. I tend to bring a lot of pink horrors and flammers usually.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I like to get both upgrades on the soul grinders. I use those attacks far more than anything else about them. And I love daemonettes personally, it's just about getting them there. The only problem is that they're not hard to kill, and your opponent probably knows how nasty they are if they get up to hand to hand. I'd drop them at the same time as your flamers, so hopefully the flamers draw most of the fire and give your daemonettes a chance to move up.

I love the flamer units you have, but because they tend to just blow stuff up and then immediately die, you might want to have an elites choice with a little more long-term use. While most people like bloodcrushers, I personally prefer fiends. I think 2 of those flamer units and 1 unit of fiends would work nicely.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I really do appreciate the impute from you both. I do like daemonettes, but they are easy to kill. My flammers, well thats exactly why I have them. To kill a bunch of shit and than die lol. I am not sure if is is my list, dice rolls, tactics, or all three that has got me losing every game I play. It got to the point where I considered selling my army, but I don't want to because that would be like selling a part of myself... if that makes sense. I really want to find a way to master my army ^_^

·
Registered
388 Posts
I get the same way. Daemons are just one of the harder armies out there to play, plain and simple. But when things go well, it does so gloriously. It's just so luck-based that there will also be moments when we simply get smoked, but that's just the nature of the beast.

What I find helps a lot is having dozens of different lists ready based on what I know I'm going to play against. I don't do tournaments really (maybe some day when I'm more confident) so I can usually figure out what I'm playing against based on which of my friends are showing up. I have preset lists for the most likely point values based on fighting each army my friends play. It might be a little mean, but they kind of do the same thing as much as they can as well (although daemons are far more varied than at least their armies tend to be, so it works out a lot better on my end.)

If you were wondering, the armies of said friends are Space Wolves, generic Space Marines, Orks, Eldar, Imperial Guard and Tyranids (for those who've seen a few of my older posts, the girlfriend that wanted to play Necrons and I broke up.) I need to use very different tactics and unit choices against each of these. For example, I've found Pink Horrors to be almost useless against Marines, but absolutely brutal against all the others, while I generally find the reverse to be true for my Bloodletters, and Plaguebearers are suddenly much more useful offensively against Tyranids due to thier lack of tanks. I'll use daemon princes with Marks of Nurgle against I Guard, Tyranids and sometimes Eldar, but a different one (usually Tzeentch, but I'm experimenting) against Orks and Marines. Things like that.

The only things I find useful at all times against all opponents are daemonettes, fiends and soul grinders, and to some extent plaguebearers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
plaguebearers are really nice because the can hold up combat, hold objectives, and there lovely poison weapons ^_^ I should play around with them more.... well than again I could say that about a lot of things in my army. Luckily we just got a 4 x 6 board to put on top of our table so I know I can get practice any time :D:D I have found that flammers are really good against bugs, so are pink horrors. I have done some nasty things to bugs with them. Maybe the problem is the only armies that I've played against are BAs and bugs...? As for tournies, I don't like to enter a lot because I don't feel that it would be a waste of money since I am not as good as I'd like to be.

·
Registered
320 Posts
would drop some points for iron hide on the prince. t6 with a 3 up save is nasty. other than that I like the list. The two suicide flamer squads are always fun to watch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts