Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am needing help building 3 kill teams for 3 friends that I am trying to bring into the world of 40k. I need a 200pt Kill Team for Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines, and Orks. I would like these to be built around mainly troops, that way they can be useful when I expand us into playing 500pt matches.

My current 200pt Nid team is:

3 Warriors
-1 with Barbed Strangler
*100 Points*
2 Hive Guards
*100 Points*

Grand Total: 200 Points.

We aren't going to be diehard serious, just need something to introduce them into the game, but giving them a solid 200pt Kill Team. Any help would be appreciated! Please be detailed with descriptons as I do not currently own an Ork, Space Marines, or Chaos Space Marines Codex. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Space Marine wise, if you are looking to introduce new players then I would probably recommend a standard tactical squad to keep things simple.

Missile Launcher (introduces them to scatter mechanics) and Flamer (introduces flame template).

This comes in at 190points so you still have 10 points to play with but as I said I would be tempted to keep it simple for your first few games. I wouldn't even bother with the USR's until they have a few games under their belts, you don't want to scare them off with too many rules to start with.

I started playing the game in February this year and was introduced by way of a 1000point game and to be honest my brain got frazzled by the amount of rules and different units, I would much preferred to introduced via a Kill Team game so good on you.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Five SM terminators with nothing special on them =200pts. I've used it and it was pretty good. Then after that you may want to expand the games to 250pts, purely for the purposes of introducing blast and template weapons. Although you could just use tacticals, like ginzu says, although a lower model count may be useful for the purposes of an introduction

1 - 4 of 4 Posts