Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
theres a few sites worth checking for inspiration http://kirbysblog-ic.blogspot.com/ is one of them. as for developing an army list thatll win games theres nothing rong with keeping it Fluffy too, just aslong as you keep to a specific flavour, I use a Fully mech list, i have a variation of it knocking around on hear.

There are some real stand out units, such as the Standard librarian, the bloke is just evil, Vulkan is also good, but to get the best from him you need to taylor your army to that end.

Ask yourself what style of army you want to use then we can help you further.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Calgar is tough as nails yes but im not keen, he is an expensive model and doesnt allow access to command squads, i think you'd be better off with a non special captain, and or a Libby.

As for unit selection Rifle dreads are brilliant, 4 str 7 ap 4 tl shots each are solid gold (they shread Hive guard) killing the big stuff should be straight forward, Auto/lass preads are good at this, as are Plasma command squads, Tac squads of course but mech them up, 5 men in Lass/plasma backs or 10 in rhinos. getting a couple of heavy flamers is always handy for bug removal, these are always nice attached to a speeder.

TH/ss terminators cause problems, just dont let em get bogged down buy gaunts as they will get ripped to peices, because of the massive ammount of saves you'll need to make.

That any help?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts