Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm a first time painter (believe it or not), despite being around on Heresy for a long time. (mainly make lists and do fluff stuff), and am In need of doing a quick, effective Blood Angels paint scheme with minimal paints and as quickly as possible.

I'd prefer GW paints, by the way. Also, I'm thinking of going into town to get some tommorow, so I'd need them by then.

Thanks, and a rep to the person(s) who post the quickest and most effecient way.

~Bane of Kings, over and out. :eek:k:

·
Death Before Dishonour
1,430 Posts
A nice way is:
-Chaos Black (or any type of black) Primer
-Mechrite Red (foundation) making sure its an even coat, so the next stage is brighter
-Blood Red making sure it covers the foundation evenly, should be close to 'in the pot' colour
-Baal Red Wash.
Thats fairly simple, then you simply have the choice if highlighting with Blood Red, then Blazing Orange

For metals:
-Boltgun metal
-Babad Black wash
-drybrush boltgun
-highlight in mithiril silver

Grish

·
Registered
242 Posts
A nice way is:
-Chaos Black (or any type of black) Primer
-Mechrite Red (foundation) making sure its an even coat, so the next stage is brighter
-Blood Red making sure it covers the foundation evenly, should be close to 'in the pot' colour
-Baal Red Wash.
Thats fairly simple, then you simply have the choice if highlighting with Blood Red, then Blazing Orange

For metals:
-Boltgun metal
-Babad Black wash
-drybrush boltgun
-highlight in mithiril silver

Grish
Yeah thats probably the quickest way to paint Blood Angels without using a spray gun, just make sure you use 3-4 watered down layers of Blood Red instead of 1 thick layer.

·
Registered
246 Posts
For red I go
-scab red
-badab black wash
-mechrite red (leaving the low lights)
-blood red highlight
-baal red wash

For yellow its
-Iayandeian(??) Darksun Foundation
-Sepia Wash
-golden yellow or sunburst yellow(at work so cant remember lol either should work), once again leaving the low lights
-highlight with skull white(yeah its a little extreme but looks nice to me.
Edit: Forgot that everything is primed white

·
Banned
5,108 Posts
Well all my blood angels are darker but i do

-Foundation Red
-Red Gore
-Dry Brush Blood Red
-Wash Ogyren Flesh
-Highlight Blood Red

·
Registered
9 Posts
Quick tip, for a really bright red use dwarf flash as an undercoat.

·
Registered
246 Posts
@Witch King ime the mechrite red foundation is lighter than red gore. so painting them in that order for me was not so much awesome:)

·
Registered
438 Posts
I do mine like this:

Prime White
Blood Red the whole thing (with an airbrush)
Chaos Black all the dark pieces
Baal Red wash.
Boltgun the metal pieces.
and slap a color on the base.
That's minimum.
Then you have your red, blue, yellow helmets, etc. but for quick and dirty this is what I use.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts