Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and girls
I've started a raven guard army and I find that painting black is one of those mofo colours which is difficult to get right :wild:

So I took a few snaps of some current projects and would like some advice!

sorry for the crapola photos

Thanks in advance!
:drinks:
P.S: for the base, what would look cool with the black n' white?

·
Death Before Dishonour
1,430 Posts
Do a thread search before posting next time yellow, this thread was brought up again just the other day on exactly the same thing --> Linky

some good advice in there, as a starter, also you could try a black primer, dry brush codex grey, touch up the areas that are meant to be a different colour with chaos black, wash with babad black, more grey highlight but finer

Grish

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
your minis look fine, you dont need help, the only advice would be with black highlighting less is more, dont feel the need to apply loads of extreme highlights,the teeniest lines or spots will do, like white, black is pretty self shading and highlighting.
On a side note, the rhino has too much white on it, should be more like 80:20 black to white ratio to match your marines but at the moment its more like 55:45 black to white.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts