Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am pretty new to warhammer but have a few models and I need help with making a 2000/2500 point army list.
I have:
60 slugga boyz
About 30 Grots
15 nobz
Ghazkull Thraka
2 trukks
5 lootas
3 deffkoptas
3 killa kans

I kind of want to make a speed freak army but dont really have heaps of money for battle wagons. I will mostly be versing ultra marines and choas. I think i may be getting Wazdakka and some bikes. If you guys have any ideas for an army list that would be great. Thanks. Wazdakka.

·
Registered
564 Posts
what you have available at the moment won't even cover 1500 points army. so i'll try and help you out with a few ideas.

I would suggest getting another 11 lootas to make 2 units of 8 or at least 7 for 2 units of 6.

You will need to decide weather you will footslog it (although slugga boyz aren't really great at that and you would need at least another 40 of those), other wise you will need to get at least 3 more trukks to ferry your boyz around in (11 + 1 nob per trukk). also look at gettin g some bigshootas in there as well.

Your nobz are always going to be good, just the load out on them you will need to sort, all the ones going in with the boyz mobs should have as a minimum a power klaw.

Your defkoptas have their use but ensure that with their low morale that they are used as individual hunters with twin linked rokkits.

Your kanz aren't much chop any more now with the hull points and anyway you would need to really have a big mek with a kustom force field and another 6 kanz otherwise sell them and get some more boyz or a battlewagon.

Oh and Ghaz, he's a keeper :) i put him in any army over 1500 points and even in some 1500 point armies.

i hope this helps a bit

keep fightin' 'n' stompin'

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx dude. I will be selling my kans tomoz and getting some boyz or trukks. If i get trukks do u think that i should get warbikers. Thx once again. Wazdakka.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Warbikes are not too bad in a speed freaks list, you need to support them though, boys in trukks can do this well. But in this kind of list you need to move fast and get up in the enemys face quickly to do well.

As to earlier personally i think you need a minimum of around 4 trukks or couple trukks and other quick things such as bikes or wagons or koptas.

As to Ghazzghull he's good as a beat stick but his waaagh doesn't work much anymore. If you need something to kill mephiston or a daemon prince ghazz is your man, well ork.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx battman. Will be getting 2-4 trukks and probs some warbikers. After that i will get mega nobz to go with ghazzy. Thx. Wazdakka

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
what you have available at the moment won't even cover 1500 points army.
What? What he has can easily be made into a 2k force:

HQ: 225

Ghazkull Thraka

Elites: 480

6x Nobz
3x Klaw, painboy, 6x ‘eavy armour, 6x cybork bodies
Trukk
Red paint job, grot riggers

10 lootaz

Troops: 1010

6x Nobz
3x Klaw, painboy, 6x ‘eavy armour, 6x cybork bodies
Trukk
Red paint job, grot riggers

‘Ard boyz mob
29x boyz 1x nob
3x Big shoota, 30x ‘eavy armour
Klaw, pole

Slugga boyz
23x Boyz 1x nob
2x Big shoota
Klaw, pole

30x Gretchin and 3x runtherd
2x Grot prod

Fast Attack: 135

3x Deffkoptas
3x Twin linked rokkit launcha

Heavy Support: 150

Killa kan
Rokkit launcha

Killa kan
Rokkit launcha

Killa kan
Rokkit launcha

Total: 2000/2000

It lacks any kind of air defence and is very heavy in certain places, but entirely doable with that stuff. (To get the lootas up to ten strong you would need to include five of the slugga boyz, in addition to another three for the runtherds though you could also make them two units of fifteen and only need two.)

Ghaz rides with one of the two trukk laden nob squads and the footsloggers hoof it behind a wall of grots, with the kans and koptas providing the anti armour firepower.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx dude. I am either going to get 3-4 trukks or a battle wagon not quite sure whic one is best. Thx again. Wazdakka.:thank_you:

·
Registered
564 Posts
yes 4 trukks and a battlewagon (if you can get one) would really help for a speed freaks list with orks try not to get into the thing of having half a fast army mixed with the slower footsloggers best to go one way or the other.

Darkreaver, in my defence there were no load outs for any of the nobs (which would leave them at 20p each) and no metion of painboyz. Only 5 lootas not 10 and no mention of runt herders, so you can't field grots. i wasn't taking into acount for proxying models. just with what Wazdakka listed and in that case i stand by what i said. By proxying models, yes you can build it up to a big number. But as i said, my comment was based around what was listed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thx woodzee, but i will probably only be getting 4 trukks. Because i will also be getting the 6th edition rulebook. Sorry about not mentioning every thing i have. I do have a couple of runtherds. Thx again for ya help. Wazdakka.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
You have a good base for a speed freaks army and adding 4 additional trukks will help. I would add a dakkajet and some more lootas in the mix to help with flyers and give additional firepower to the army. At 2000 points I would want additional HQ like a big mek with a KFF to help protect trukks. YOu could easily convert a Nob into a big mek. RIght now you could go with darkreever's army list which is more of a balanced army list than a speed freaks list and then slowly convert it to more of a speed freaks list.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I agree with the Big Mek w/KFF. It's also surprisingly easy to convert. That's why I love Orks. Your only limit is your imagination, which has no limits. :D darkreever's list looks cool. However, Ghazkull seems overpriced, and you need more boyz too all kindza boyz. Ifn' ya got the cash you could run the Nobz and a Warboss on bikes. Not sure if that would eat a lot of points or not. I've never used Dakka Jets, but I hear good things. I've only just upped my 600 list to a 2k, so I'm still not into the heavy hitters yet. I hope my ramblings help you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts