Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well ive been updating my list for a while and i cant get an army that is anygood any suggestions. my current army is working okay but i get killed off by other spacemarine armys pretty easy. okay heres my army so far:biggrin:

HQ
Abaddon
275pts

Troops
8 chaos spacemarines
1 flamer
rest is bolters
150pts

8 chaos spacemarines
1 aspiring champion
power fist
plasma pistol
1 plasma gun
270pts

Khorn berzerkers
10 berzerkers
skull champion
plasma pistol
power fist
265pts

Rhino

havoc launcher
deamonic possession
70pts

obliteraters
two squads of two
300pts

and finally these guys i hate but dont know what to replace them with. they make me want to do this:suicide:

possesed chaos spacemarines of khorn
possesed champion
140pts

total army points 1470

i would like to take out my possessed and maybe get a squad of 10 raptors. then to fill the rest of the points maybe get a squad of havics or a vindicater

please help me out.:bye:

·
Registered
320 Posts
ok first you need to actually make a legal army

you can't take the heavy bolter on the first squad cause you need 10 marines to take that. ALso unless your taking a champion you can't take the plasma pistol

the second squad needs 10 also you can't take a heavy flamer for regular squads

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
um okay ill change it and make it legal i havent really been playing for very long. and maybe ill get a daemon prince instead of abbadon he is really good. what if i was to change my list and make some heavy weapons legal turn six marines into six havocs with a missile launcher heavy bolter plasma gun, flamer and a lascannon for 195 points. taht could give me some anti tank and infantry power

·
Registered
320 Posts
if your going to take havocs they can only take 4 special weapons. they all need to have the same weapon to make them really affective. so if your going for anti tank go with missle launchers. Or you an simply get more oblits or even go with a defiler to help you in that since they are better choices

·
Registered
35 Posts
my suggestion would be,1. leave abbadon out and take kharn instead (for he is both cheap and aweswome)
2. i would not take havocs nor a vindicator, rather take a defiler for they are awesome ( i mean you can shoot acros the whole map and there is barely terrain which is higher than that thing, so you should always draw an LoS) plus it comes cheap at just 150 pts
3. the possesed are actually good you just need to know how to use them so i would actually leave them in
4. you should rather take 2 more berserkers and then split them up in 2 squads with 6 men each, for they get enough attacks as it is in the charge, plus you have the advantage of having 2 champions with a PW( thats the way i play them and it works very well for me)
and at last 5. you maybe wanna get a land raider and then put kharn and one berserker squad inside (for they can charge after leaving the vehicle) and use the rhino for the other squad.

well thats what i would do hope it helps :p

·
Registered
941 Posts
Well ive been updating my list for a while and i cant get an army that is anygood any suggestions. my current army is working okay but i get killed off by other spacemarine armys pretty easy. okay heres my army so far:biggrin:

HQ
Abaddon
275pts

trade him in for a DP with MoS and Lash

Troops
8 chaos spacemarines
1 flamer
rest is bolters
150pts

8 chaos spacemarines
1 aspiring champion
power fist
plasma pistol
1 plasma gun
270pts

fine

Khorn berzerkers
10 berzerkers
skull champion
plasma pistol
power fist
265pts

I like the skull champion

Rhino

havoc launcher
deamonic possession
70pts

have the zerkers ride in this

obliteraters
two squads of two
300pts

perfecto

and finally these guys i hate but dont know what to replace them with. they make me want to do this:suicide:

possesed chaos spacemarines of khorn
possesed champion
140pts

I say drop these for 5x bikers, champ with PF

then add a predator with twin linked las cannon turret

total army points 1470

mine would work out to exactly 1500

i would like to take out my possessed and maybe get a squad of 10 raptors. then to fill the rest of the points maybe get a squad of havics or a vindicater

please help me out.:bye:
Happy Gaming!:biggrin::biggrin::mrgreen:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts