Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just can't seem to get worked up about starting an ork army.
I have a space marine army but would like a second one for a bit of variety (and maybe even win the odd game). Since I started with AoBR set the obvious answer in an ork army. Trouble is I need someone to explain to me why they are so great to get my juices going!! :) Would like a horde army but play against IG that cream me from far away.
Any comments, helpful or otherwise???????

·
Registered
382 Posts
well if you want to beat a IG army with orks you can try a MECH build. if you can rush in a battlewagon full of slugga boyz you could get 80 CC attacks!
oh also nob bikers!! they have a full time +4 cover same or a 4 armor save, 5 invl and on top of all that they get a feel on pain. lol you get 2 chances of roll a +4 to save a wound on a unit that will have to take 10 wounds to remove the first model.
burnas in a wagon can be some fun. open top with 15 flames on the same spot. say 5 under your flame thats 75 hits.
then if you want a horde try a kan wall. i have 122 models in a 1500 point build. 9 walkers 90 boyz 10 lootas and 10 grots and 2 hqs.
just like any army they have there ups and downs.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I see orks as all about the tide when i play them. I don't care what you are playing, if you see 120+ models on the other side in a 1500 pt game you will def feel a little uncomfortable.

as another note, i field 3 squads of 30 boyz and 2 squads of 19 grotz + the Rut in my 1250 plus some lootas and a Mek+ Boss. Yes thats almost 150 models in 1250, and yes, its very daunting to play against.... and its a hell of a lot of fun =)

·
Registered
712 Posts
so... always?

·
Registered
496 Posts
I see orks as all about the tide when i play them. I don't care what you are playing, if you see 120+ models on the other side in a 1500 pt game you will def feel a little uncomfortable.
dont forget them all getting a 5+ coversave from the big mech in a middle of them xD

·
Registered
712 Posts
of course, the KFF is probably the most required piece of war gear in any codex's competitive list

·
Registered
869 Posts
The best thing about orks is having a ton of models
The worst thing about orks is having a ton of models

Cost a lot of money for models and painting

But in the end its worth it having a shit ton of orks overwhelming your opponent into nothing

·
Registered
147 Posts
For some fun just to get the WAAAGHHH built up in you I would suggest to play with some of the fun stuff for a while, dont worry bout win/lose ratio just play to have a laugh, and when the fun thing works you will be happy and screaming WAAAGH and growing in excitment over the grenn blokes.

So I would suggest field a Wierdboy, Warphead advisable but not as fun:rofl:
a big Mech with SAG random is always fun better when a squad of marines die under a nice little template, but him porting into combat is a laugh.
Burna boyz not random but whom doesnt smile with so many template weapons.
Looted wagons always funny when instaed of shooting they drive forward ect ect

Alwayz love random stuff since Ere We Go codex back in the day, went of orks when they became to serious but with this addition the random fun is back to some degree, the first thing to do to get excieted about and army is enjoy playing it, and what can be more fun than an army that can make you laugh at its mistiming of random stuff, like a head exploding . Hope this helps a bit.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks
I think my favourite figures are the weirdboy, painboy and boss skinrot. Skinrot just seems badass. Also fancy the idea of getting a chimera or rhino and painting it some funky colour scheme!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Spacecadet, first you need to decide for yourself if Orks are for you. Either use your collection as proxies, or borrow someone elses.

When I was first getting into them I played a lot of games with my mates Orks (well his wife's), before I committed myself.

Personally Orks are suited to my playstyle, namely throwing all my men (well, Orks) forward and seeing if any of them reach the enemy lines before they all die.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts