Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
currently i have about 2000pts of mortifactors SM, but i need to start a new force something different. I was thinking DE but if the new codex doesn't come out im not going to pay out for a 10year old codex and terrible minis.
so will some one tell me whats good and whats not army wise, bare in mind im a pretty competative and i love to convert my minis.

·
Registered
130 Posts
ig are good for converting as they are potentially thousands of new planets being made to raise guard units each year......

then again if i wasnt a stalwart subject of the almighty emperor i would love to do some csm conversions or traitor guard cnversions

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im guessing with traitor guard i would use the IG codex?
IG seem like a good choice since i could use them with my SM in apocalypse..
but what regiment???

·
Registered
800 Posts
Only problem with CSM, is you will probably find that there isn't much difference in the way the two armies play.

I have a huge Death Guard army, after a while of playing I thought I would have a change, so I started up an SM army and the differences in playstyle wheren't too different.

So then I choose to start a Xenos army, which I have never looked back at, it was a tough choice between Necrons, Tau, Orks and Tyranids. So I read up on all their fluffs and decided Necrons where for me.

Since then I've always tried to swap and change between my Xenos army or my Death Guard.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have been on and off armys now for about 12 years but never got round to finishing them...apart from my SM. death corps Hmmmmm, forge world?!

needs lots of them money trees then!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Only problem with CSM, is you will probably find that there isn't much difference in the way the two armies play.

I have a huge Death Guard army, after a while of playing I thought I would have a change, so I started up an SM army and the differences in playstyle wheren't too different.

So then I choose to start a Xenos army, which I have never looked back at, it was a tough choice between Necrons, Tau, Orks and Tyranids. So I read up on all their fluffs and decided Necrons where for me.

Since then I've always tried to swap and change between my Xenos army or my Death Guard.
this is my problem do i go epic size imperium or Xenos....nids seem to be dragging me to them. i played against necrons once or twice there troop units seem similar to SM...monoliths are uber. goddam to much choice!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
you dont need to use krieg models, the possibilities for traitor guard are immense.
cadians and or catachans plastic models could do with the gw chaos mutants conversion pack and some green stuff and chaos weopons....eh?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Traitor guard baneblade :biggrin:
chaos tainted ogryn:biggrin:

think you have just hit the nail on the head for me my good sir!!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
currently i have about 2000pts of mortifactors SM, but i need to start a new force something different. I was thinking DE but if the new codex doesn't come out im not going to pay out for a 10year old codex and terrible minis.
so will some one tell me whats good and whats not army wise, bare in mind im a pretty competative and i love to convert my minis.
You shouldn't let the Dark Eldar's age put you off. They're still a great army with lots of punch, whilst using Eldar & Dark Elf parts can make up for the age of the models.

Imperial Guard are another good choice, as you can use a lot of Warhammer parts as well as 40k ones, plus there's a lot of scope background wise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts