Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am new to 40k and i have decided to use CSM Nurgle.
I don't really have a great idea for an army list so i was hoping i could get some help. I already bought a set of Oblits a Daemon Prince and a set of Plague Marines so i would like an army list including these things. Of course a Nurgle army list.

Thx in advance.

·
Registered
491 Posts
The daemon prince is not that great, but you can still use it. Here are some hints of what to use.

-Daemon Prince, Wings, Daemon of Nurgle, Power Armor, Black Mace. Use it to murder enemy troops and expensive stuff. Stay away from enemy Dreads and thunder hammers/storm shields.

-2 obliterators, Mark of Nurgle, Veterans. T5 oblits are amazing and cannot b e insta-killed by lascannons and meltaguns, meaning the enemy will have to charge them or pour amazing amounts of firepower onto them. They work well in pairs.

-7 plague marines with double meltagus, champion with power fist. Great for cracking enemy armor and holding objectives, they can hurt almost anything with the game with poisoned knives and the power fist. A rino helps them get around.

Now for new stuff:

-Chaos Lord. For your plague marines to be troops, you need one. A Nurgle Chaos lord with a power fist and lightning claw is very popular as it hits hard, can hurt anything in the game and is hard to kill, especially if you give it a Sigil of Corruption. Also, you can put him on a bike with other Nurgle bikers to have a fast, powerful, tough unit to terorrixe the board with!

-Helldrake: The one darling of the new book. It's fast and can shoot in any direction, meaning it's very easy to maneuver and always keep on the board. It's also quite tough for a flying behicle. The vector strike ability is like having a d3+1 free hits with an AP3 autocannon that ignores cover, so you can use it to thin heavy infantry (as long as it doesn't have a 2+ save). Eldar Wraithguards, enemy plague marines and sternguard and nob bikers are all good targets. The blaeflamer is a beast and is best used to scour enemy troop choices so he loses scoring options. Remember that you can vector strike a transport and then flame the passengers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmmmm, I was thinking of using a Daemon Prince Wings, Power Armour, Daemon of Khorn, and Axe of Blind Fury. The main reason why is because I don't really plan on playing in tournaments, I just want to play with my friends who mainly use terminator army's and Ae of Blind Fury looks like a good terminator killer.

·
Registered
936 Posts
If you want to go Axe I would suggest a Chaos lord on a juggernout and Axe. Cheep and allows you to make use of the mace. The reason I say keep the mace is because in the hands of a Demon prince its AP2, use it to smash termies and have a lord running through termies as well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts