Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im putting together a GK army and need some help. I do not know this army very well at all... never played with them or against them. So far I have:

Dreadnight x1 - I am going to magnetize the arms to put different weapons on it so I am not to worried.

Terminators x2 squads - 5 in each squad. - 1x hammer, 1x sword, 3x halberts, and 1x psyhcannon

I also have 2 boxes with 10 models in each of the GK Strike Squad ( you can also make them into an Interceptor, Purifer, or Purgation Squad). I want to make these guys that are all around good to fight any army I maybe up against for the most part.

Which would be a safe one to make and with which weapons because I will not be magnetizing these guys. Ive read a ton of the army lists under GK but not to big of a help... some people take Halberts some take falchions... some people hate one or the other... ugh! Please any input would be awesome!.

I was thinking:
10x Purifiers - 2x incinerators and 1x daemon hammer
10x interceptors - 2x incinerators and swords(?)

This is going to be for friendly games between friends, not tourney play, but wouldn't mind doing well at the same time :)

Most armies I would play are CSM, Eldar, DA, and Orks

Thanks!

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Dreadnight x1 - I am going to magnetize the arms to put different weapons on it so I am not to worried.
You'll be wanting the Personal Teleporter and Heavy Incinerator unless you only fight Marines or something. Heavy Psycannon and Daemonhammer are optional extras - Daemonhammer's a good choice if you fight a lot of monsters, but worthless if you don't since Str10 is enough to get the job done for anything under T6. Heavy Psycannon helps you to take out light armour, but bounces off cover making it crap at dealing with most skimmers (with which my meta is proliferated) - nice to have both guns though if you can spare the points. Gatling Psilencer and Greatsword are shitty.

Terminators x2 squads - 5 in each squad. - 1x hammer, 1x sword, 3x halberts, and 1x psyhcannon
Swords, Psycannon, maybe a Daemonhammer. Halberds and Falchions are just adding points to the unit and you need to minimise the costs of your units since they start well-equipped and expensive already.

I also have 2 boxes with 10 models in each of the GK Strike Squad ( you can also make them into an Interceptor, Purifer, or Purgation Squad). I want to make these guys that are all around good to fight any army I maybe up against for the most part.
Poor bastard; Purifiers are great if you can get a Drop Pod for them from Space Wolves or Blood Angels, and Interceptors might have some niche use as your Windrider Jetbike squad snatching objectives in later turns or dropping Incinerators somewhere as a suicide squad; but other than that, Purgators and Strike Squads are total crap in my experience. Strikes are just worse Terminators (paying 13pts for 2+, 5++, Relentless, +1 Ld and +1 Attack is a bit of a no-brainer) and Purgators are short-ranged guys with no Deep Strike in an army that relies on Deep Strike. Maybe you could put 5 of them with Incinerators in a Stormraven or something? At that point, you might as well bring Purifiers and get the extra Warp Charge and Cleansing Flame.

Which would be a safe one to make and with which weapons because I will not be magnetizing these guys. Ive read a ton of the army lists under GK but not to big of a help... some people take Halberts some take falchions... some people hate one or the other... ugh! Please any input would be awesome!.
Swords. Maybe a Hammer in the Terminator squads. As for heavy weapons, Incinerators on PAGK now that Psycannons are Salvo, Psycannons on GKT. Any other weapons is driving up your cost and the only thing making GKT viable is how cheap they are.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK cool thanks for the help. Well... looks like I have to rip the Halberts off my terminators.. ha!!

I attached the Incin. and psycannon on my Dreadknight already, so I am good there.
I used magnets for the Great sword, hammer, and regular first.
- I surprised you say the GS is crappy, I see a lot of people use it in battle reports... maybe just for fun?

And what about the Interceptors, SS, Purg? Who would I run instead of one these choices? More terminators :) ?

Also thinking about a Libby as my HQ, if you have a better suggestion... im all ears.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts