Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi so I'm in desperate need of some inspiration on basing ideas for a khorne daemon army
I will be playing 40k and sigmar with the army so hopefully something that will work on both !
The army consists of a Bloodthirster,2 skull cannons, 7 Bloodcrushers, 30 Bloodletters so it needs to be easy enough to recreate on different size bases
So my space wolves are all on snow and ice bases and grey Knights are on desert so maybe something different
If you've got exaples pease post them too
Cheers guys

·
Registered
202 Posts
I do my daemons on lava bases. I buy them from http://www.darkartminiatures.com which do resin cast ones and im more than happy with them. They do various themes so have a look on there for ideas even if you want to make them from scratch. Heres a photo of some pink horrors i painted.

image.jpg

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
It depends on what you want really - I, for one, speak against resin bases as I had the particular problem of choosing a product line, that didn't adapt to the new sizes that came out. This caused me to have to rebase my whole army to have a consistent theme, which sucked ass majorly. It was a choice I did to keep the theme though.

My advice would be to make it out of materials and/or technicals you can always acquire. I use technical paints from GW myself and it works on all sizes:

Think ahead and have a theme that is not based on third party provider. I would stick with the big guys and their products, if you choose technical paints and/or bases.

I hope you find a good base for your needs and look forward to seeing them :good:

·
Registered
158 Posts
What you could do for something really different, is use the GW texture paints for the base, but then paint them a completely different colour like bright blue or green for a very alien feel. You could also go for a very Khorny base by making it a river of Blood.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some fantastic ideas guys I'm not against resin bases but buying in for a whole army gets expensive quick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts