Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a Chaos Lord Horus I did as a commission.
I think he is just about done but any critisim is welcome I want to give this guy my best work.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
I think its excellant, the paint work is great :) The helm infront could use some highlighting and the eyes changed to yellow or a colour that goes well, unless you've already done it i can see a small dot there. I like it.

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
The guy must have seen your other stuff to decide that he wanted to commision you for this one Eisen and he is well on par if not slightly up on your previous efforts.

The only thing I would say, is try to get some black in between the chains on his front to get a bit of seperation between them maybe. (But could be the pic.)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its is just the new chaos lord with the mace head from the DA upgrade sprue.
The mace is what they show him with in the artwoek after he fell.

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Prior to his creation of the Talon of Horus, which integrates an early form of the storm bolter, Horus fought with dual lightning claws. By the time he was wearing black and was fully possessed by Chaos, on the other hand, he fought with the Talon and a power maul. So the mini's about right. He just needs a furry cloak, and it'll be unmistakably Horus.

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
I have never seen your other stuff so I can't compare but it looks nice. A few things...

The right eye could use some touchup, there seems to be some bleed from the pupil.
The white dots on the eye on the armour stands out too much. I think since you have coated it and made it shiny the white is not needed, or should be a bit more subtle. Might be hard to change now though.

Last thing, there is some red that ended up on the rocks that might have happened when you were painting the marine helmet on the base.

Other than that everything looks good, just some small touchups to fix. Good job

1 - 9 of 9 Posts