Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about to do a shocase project with a box of sanguinary gaurd but I don't wanna use your standard Gold, Silver, or Red. Im looking for a Scheme that will still look Blood Angelish but also not in the books. Any suggestions

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
Well you really are limiting yourself and tbh the only cour I can think of that will still look ba ish would be black, but without red it is going to be hard to distinguish them as ba ( excepting that they are sang guard models) you could always try using my own colour scheme which is black with red helmets and red shoulders. You could maybe swap the red for a bronze colour, although then hey will be going on a world eater tangent

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
lamenters. They're yellow with a black checkered shoulder pad. although they still have at least a red kneepad. Doubt there's any blood angels successors without red though....

·
Registered
699 Posts
Make them whatever color you want. Make them purple, pink with orange (or whatever :p) and say that the Chapter refuses to wear red until the return of the Emperor or until the Black Legion have all being slain, thus avenging their primarch.
Or just make them any color you want, but give them all red helmets or better yet, red shoulder pads and have them follow the BA helmet squad color scheme.

·
Registered
548 Posts
it may sound obvious, but personally i'd go for white instead of gold on the Guard - it seems to me to be an inherently angelic colour. i painted Captain Tycho years ago in white armour, and he ended up looking pretty bad ass...

add some red trim, maybe black for the wing 'feathers', and robert's your mothers' brother :grin:

·
Registered
730 Posts
angels encarmine

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
these are some good thoughts im just tring go completely original and use not a single scheme from the books

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would go white as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts