Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hows this for a Kill Teams List.

4 Necron Destroyers - 200 Pts.

·
Registered
398 Posts
bad imo, if they take 3 down you lose automatically, take 2 down and you start taking Ld, which is 10 but still not a good situation, now on the plus side they do get lots of shots they can split between multiple people but the problem is you'll probably be out of wbb range or get knocked down with plasma or melta guns so only having a total of 4 wounds is a bad thing, Its not the worst kill team but its definitely not one of the better ones out there

·
Registered
398 Posts
Wot could work tho. Necron lord with orb, and the rest as immortals. Same weapons, less chance of dieing. More wounds aswell.
Are you familiar with kill teams rules? Hq's aren't allowed and you only have 200 points
EDIT: Sorry if i sound like a douche, not trying to, just clearing up any confusion.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Immortals dont have the same weapon.
_________S AP Range Type
Immortal: 5 4 24" Assault 2
Destroyer: 6 4 36" Heavy 3 (but since they are jetbikes it doesn't matter about the Heavy bit).

Destroyers are only worse than immortals in that they cost more.

·
Registered
309 Posts
necrons are too pricey to make an effective kill team. If I was to make a kill team, then maybe wraiths... or just 10 warriors

·
Registered
410 Posts
actually, it would be 11 warriors if you didn't give them disruption fields

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Gauss Cannon is 24" I believe (Off the top of my head).

Heavy Gauss Cannon is Str 10 Ap 2 (?) 36" Heavy 1, with the single longest range in the massively tiny Necron weaponry section.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
I actually think it would be a pretty good kill team. Nothing is going to be stopping your WBB roles and phase out isnt really an issue since if your down to 1 destroyer you're probably getting battered anyway.

On the plus side destoyers have the speed to avoid combat and can stay out of range of most things you'll find in kill teams and you have a fairly harsh amount of shooting that can deal with all the vehicles you'll be facing (am I right in thinking total 33 or 34 armour is the limit for kill teams?).
The downside is that if anyone brings a few long ranged weapons you'll porbably be toast fairly quickly... a couple of missile launchers is all someone needs to be able to smack you around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts