Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i looked and they have the same stats. playing my lord i could kill a squad of 5. does this mean termenators are useless against necrons:scratchhead:

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Lords, from most races, can turn a force(even of terminators) into jelly.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
...I'm sorry, but that post made no sense at all.
Which Necron unit do you claim has the same stats as Terminators?
Because none of them do.

Your Lord can take a Warscythe, one of the best weapons in the game, he can easily kill Terminators, as they don't get a save against his attacks.

Terminators are by no means useless against Necrons, they have Powerfists, meaning that Necrons cannot use their WBB roll if killed by them in Melee, and they also sport solid ranged firepower.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Best anti-Termy that the Necrons have are the C'tan, especially the Deceiver because his I is higher. 3+ to hit, and then 2+ to kill with no saves allowed :)

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Firstly, they are called "Terminators", not Termenetors, and secondly, they are everything else than useless...

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
I play IG and I can't do that!
Straken likely can, and gen.ahab said from most races not all, there will be a few that this is not the case for.

Other than armour/invulnerable save and number of attacks, most space marines share a similar profile to terminators and both most space marine infantry and necron infantry share similar stats. (This would be but one of the reasons both are classified as MEQ units, that being marine equivalents.)

Terminators are far from useless against necrons, as very few necron units can do the same amount of damage to them as a C'tan or warscythe armed lord. Against most necron units, the terminators would rip them apart thanks to normal ones having powerfists, and assault terminators having lightning claws or thunder hammer/storm shields; plus the access to heavy weapons like a cyclone missile launcher or assault cannon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts