Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Damn, that cover art is nice. I mean, all the 7th ed books have great cover art, but the 5th ed Necron book one does not appeal to me at all, so it looks even better by comparison.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Welp, there goes the rest of my monies.

I'm really liking where they took the Warscythe, can't wait to see where my robot zombies stand in 7th!

EDIT: whoa, just saw that there are powers of the C'Tan cards. That could make those models a lot more appealing to me.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Welp, there goes the rest of my monies.

I'm really liking where they took the Warscythe, can't wait to see where my robot zombies stand in 7th!

EDIT: whoa, just saw that there are powers of the C'Tan cards. That could make those models a lot more appealing to me.
There are only six cards, so it's not a psychic discipline (no Primaris) - it's probably just reference cards for the C'tan Powers, which are already a thing :(

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One interesting thing to note is that the codex is 120 pages, which is a good 8-16 pages longer than the past few codexes (codecies?). I wonder if that could represent any material such as rules for different dynasties?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
One interesting thing to note is that the codex is 120 pages, which is a good 8-16 pages longer than the past few codexes (codecies?). I wonder if that could represent any material such as rules for different dynasties?

That was one of the rumours too. So..... Now i am tempted as hell to start necrons.

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
I didn't see the rumor about mindshackle. Mind repeating it for me? :)

Not sure which rumor site I read it on, either Natfka or BoLS, but the rumor was simply that they're getting nerfed. Nerfed, I say!

Formations, maybe a Lord of War or something. Don't know anything about Necron fluff, but I can't see GW being generous by including rules in a codex that they can use to fill out future supplements. However, I seem to remember some alternate Blood Angels rules and formations for Flesh Tearers, though. Were they from the codex or the campaign books?

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Only six c'tan powers now? I'll be interested to see what they've done with that. Hopefully they'll be worth using now.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with the c'tan. I find it interesting that in all the Shield of Baal stuff they are referred to as c'tan and no longer c'tan shards? Maybe there is no transcendent c'tan anymore and c'tan are just being buffed back to how they used to be (though probably more balanced). I mean the models are awesome, just no one will ever use them cus they are bullet magnets.

I expect the extra pages are more likely to be fleshing out the individual dynasties' fluffs. The old codex mainly focussed on necrons as a whole or the Sautekh dynasty, apart from one page of the different dynasties. It woud be interesting to see what makes the others different apart from the way they look.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with the c'tan. I find it interesting that in all the Shield of Baal stuff they are referred to as c'tan and no longer c'tan shards? Maybe there is no transcendent c'tan anymore and c'tan are just being buffed back to how they used to be (though probably more balanced). I mean the models are awesome, just no one will ever use them cus they are bullet magnets.
I think it's safe to say they're keeping C'tan the same way after the Mephrit Dynasty stuff - the +1 Str/T and the 2 Crypteks + C'tan Shard formation.

And I keep telling you, the Nightbringer and the Deceiver weren't even that good, let alone overpowered; put away those rose-tinted glasses man! :victory:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hopefully a bit of nerfing of the mind shackle scarabs in this one

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Yep - my predictions for where the Nerfhammer will be swung is to Mindshackle Scarabs and Voltaic Staves, and either a rules nerf or a significant price increase on Annihilation Barges and Night Scythes. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Annihilation Barge hit 150pts, and Night Scythes would be more appropriately costed at 130pts although GW has had a habit of knee-jerk reactions in regard to tuning down the Flyers that were running the game two years ago (I often see Chaos players overlooking the Heldrake in favour of Spawn and Bikers nowadays, and Vendettas got a pretty huge downgrade with a large price bump and reduced transport capacity). Wraiths could also take a hit as they're basically the poster for what a good assault unit wants to be alongside TH/SS Terminators.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Loving the new Detachments in ever Codex, can't wait to see what the Necron's bonus will be.

I will have to get painting some of my Warriors and Immortals...c'mon some new stuff/rules about the Thokt Dynasty!

1 - 20 of 143 Posts