Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ive heard that they are planning to get rid of the 'We'll Be Back' rule for necrons when they are going to redo them next year (also heard about)any idea what els they are going to do?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Haha, on Warseer, they where doing mathhammer on it... not sure what the outcome was, and weather it made them better or worse... lol.

-Rob

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
I dont think they should get rid of it, but maybe it should be changed to a 5+, but I can see them changing it to feel no pain. It would certainly change the feel of the army. Would the monolith allow another feel no pain roll?

Edit - I've changed my mind after a little thought. Making all Necron models have feel no pain wont make that much difference to Necrons. It would make a few rule issues go away, such as what happens when a unit is broken in hth and leaves half its squad.

·
Registered
208 Posts
ATM, the models left behind would die if they fell out of WBB range of there unit or another unit of the same type, but we arn't here for a rules descusion.

FNP would be good, and I can see it being fluffy, would a necron actually feel pain... hmm, thought not. Not sure how it will effect the Monolith or VoT, would Pariahs become a Viable option.. will they get 2 attacks and actually become decent in combat against anything other than weak none combat expert squads....

-Rob

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also what about the things that help wbb like the rez orb, tomb spiders, monalith and phlactory thing that you can give the lord? And for all you necron players (and non if you can be asked) what would you like to see come out with the new codex? what about the Tomb Stalkers or diff in Necron rule (good change)

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Rumors I've heard

FNP over WBB: Good idea... same basic concept, but much simpler to put into play.
Rending is the new Gauss: With the coming reduction of shooting/mêlée rending attacks needing to wound first, the rumor is that Gauss weapons will then be Rending
Warriors are not alone: Some say that either Flayed Ones, Scarabs, or another unknown unit will become a Troop choice.

I haven't heard of anything else that seems even remotely substantial.

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
If FNP replaces WBB and everything else stays the same, Necrons will be so much better. Right now WBB without a res orb is ignored by power weapons or stuff that is double strength same as FNP. However with necrons if I wipe out an entire unit and there is no spider or same unit close by the unit dies and WBB does not happen. With FNP that is not the case, destroy units become so much tougher to get rid of. Necrons become better on that point by itself.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You folks have your rumours spot on. I like the benifits of Feel-no-pain, I also like the Rending Gausse rule and the ulternate Troop choice. My Necrons may get some respect again.

Oh ya, have you all heard that they are lossing the Phase Out rule.
That's the best new rumour, as we 'Crons wont have to build Warrior exclusive armies to get the Necron count up!:biggrin:

·
Registered
599 Posts
And another army loses its character, and slides along the scale which will eventually make all armies the same.
I'd have to agree, I don't mind changes to armies, new units, revisions but replacing a necron only rule with a bog standard rule is lame, and while doing so eleminating an army rule.

I liked WBB and phase out, gave the army flavor.

they go to far and your army could have the same stats and army make up as sm's just diffrent models...

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I've heard speculation, but I really don't know.

But, then again, I've also heard that Res Orbs will go away, and that all Necrons will be T5 with FNP and Ranged Rending....

It's kinda hard to say what may be legit, and what is just wishful or malicious hoping. It's way to early to tell; Necrons are not even on the radar for the GW Dev team.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I've heard speculation, but I really don't know.

But, then again, I've also heard that Res Orbs will go away, and that all Necrons will be T5 with FNP and Ranged Rending....

It's kinda hard to say what may be legit, and what is just wishful or malicious hoping. It's way to early to tell; Necrons are not even on the radar for the GW Dev team.
making them pretty much invulnerable to instant death...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Personally, I'm against replacing WBB with FNP for two reasons. The one stated earlier is my main one, it takes away some of the army flavor.
But as a BA player who faces Necrons constantly, this would greatly change the dynamic of my HtH combat. Currently, the models that take wounds from standard marines "fall over" and do not get to attack. Replacing WBB with FNP gives the Necron player a potential chance for more "return attacks".
This will make Necrons in general a more CC viable army. I'll have to talk the roomate into play-testing this to see how it works out....

1 - 20 of 181 Posts