Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I read the special rules for the C'tan, and it says:

"If a wraithcannon inflicts instant death
on a C'tan it will not be transported to
the warp but will take a wound without
the benefit of its invulnerable saving throw."

Does this only work for a wraithcannon, or anything instant death?
please let me know.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Um, looks pretty clear thats its the wraithcannon to me... but then nids apart there arent many ways to instant death a c'tan.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Chaos Daemons can be a problem, Skulltaker hits on 3+ and causes ID on a 5+ to wound regardless of T. Not nice... Just make sure you roll well in the inv save.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Take the deceiver (as you should) and then laugh... I cant really think of any shooting weapons that'll cause instant death to a C'Tan other then the wraithcannon, and the deceiver never need be in combat with something it doesnt like. TBH the nighbringer shoudn't either, since those things that can kill it tend to be quite slow (same speed as him).

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Ah that was it, last played him as a WFB character when he gets killing blow on a 5+. Anyway, he is uber-evil and can kill C'tan better than almost anything else.

·
Registered
215 Posts
It's a matter of power source. D-Cannons are heavier powered projectors.
Obviously.

:L

anyway yeah, you haven't got much to fear this side of Apocalypse.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Important thing to remember as well is that people might try to use Force Weapons against the C'tan to Instant Death them. Watch out for this because in most cases this will not be possible: Librarians are only S4 and CAN'T hurt C'tan with Force Weapons, minimum S5 is required, and then they still need to roll a 6+ to wound.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Yeah, but an Epilostary making themselves S6 with might of the ancients might just pull a sneaky one out of the bag and kill you... pretty risky strategy, but would be funny if they got it to work).

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
All enemies need to pass a Leadership test before they can assault the C'tan as well, which is another small defence. Fearless does not remove the need for this test, as it is a Leadership test and not a Morale or Pinning test.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts