Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm wanting to make some replacement chest emblems for my 'Crons, Sautekh ones shouldn't be too much of a problem as I should be able to make some molds using Imotekh's chest emblem, but I plan on using a Maynarkh Dark Harvest list as well so want the Maynarkh Glyph for using on Kutlakh , but the problem is my sculpting skills aren't that good, does anyone have any ideas or know anyone who would be able to sculpt a master that I could make a mold from?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts

In all seriousness you could try cutting into a sprue stick with either a hobby-knife or a dremmel and cast a mold from that, unless I'm misunderstanding the whole point haha

·
Registered
74 Posts
You can completely bypass the sculpting and with a few careful brush strokes just paint the emblem on, it'll save a lot of time and headache trying to get a mold that small successfully cast repeatedly. Just shave the original emblem off and you'll have your flat surface to paint it on. It may be slightly inconsistent if your painting skills aren't amazing or have a careful hand, but I think it might look better than trying to get tiny, hair thin molds working well enough.

If you're convinced sculpting a mold is the best way, I would suggest using a knife or flat straight object for lines, and maybe a tiny coffee stirrer (the really thin straws from coffee shops) for your circles. Always make your Master mold deeper than you need it, you can always clean it up after its cast.

Another way you can do it is making a whole new emblem insignia housing. include the coffin-shape the emblem sits on in your mold, and attach that the the chest. It eliminates the finicky hair thin pieces of putty that will have to cure and likely get bent or touched during curing.

Just a few suggestions, let me know if I (probably) explained it poorly haha

Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts