Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i need some help with a necron army.
I've been tossing up between Necrons and Tau for a while now and have decided Necrons are the way to go.

Just need a helping hand as to how to start my Necron Army off.
Will probably be building it in 500 point lots so what would be the first lot.
And yes the Codex will be the first thing i buy.

Thanks in advance for all your help. :eek:k:

·
Registered
9 Posts
what i was gonna do is buy 2 battleforces, 300 bucks aud and you get all but the HQ of a 1500 point army. 56 warriors, 6 destroyers and a lord fit beautifully into 1500 points

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
and then if you want you can save up for a monilith if you like that thing.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Necrons should have a balance and make shure you grab some destroyers and heavy destroyers because they rock and get a destroyer lord because they are faster and tougher than the normal lord

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
lots of necron warriors are essential as they will prevent your army from phasing out.
i would also get the destroyer lord, several destroyers and, maybe, some flayed ones.
(btw, there is practically no point in getting a 500pt Nec army as you will only get 40 pts to spend after you use up your 2 troops and lord)

the £50 necron battle force is the best thing to get first as you will get:

28 necron warriors
3 destroyers
7 scarab swarms

you will need to buy the Lord seperatly.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I feel cheated, here in the US our Necron battle boxes come with only 20 warriors not 28. Or they have redone the battle force box set since I bought mine.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
I feel cheated, here in the US our Necron battle boxes come with only 20 warriors not 28. Or they have redone the battle force box set since I bought mine.
either there was a mistake, of theyve been redone since you got yours. i suspect the former, as ive not heard of the latter ever happening...

the battleforce is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Try a melee themed Necon army! (or not, lol)

Getting a good mix of units from the battleforce boxes is a great way to start it all off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I see two lords with res orbs being what beats me down usually (Once im playing chaos i can even the odds of winning by far though). Keep everything piled take one veil also and its a never ending army.

·
Registered
280 Posts
A Single Battle Box, 1 Immortal and 1 Lord = 170.00 Cdn.

Here is what it makes.
(200) Lord ROVOD
(140) 5 Immortals (because you can make 4 from the bitz of 8 Warriors)
(72) 4 Flayed Ones (made from the left over bitz of those Warriors you used to build the Immortals with - just use Sprue to build a Hand weapon).
(180) 10 Warriors.
(180) 10 Warriors.
(150) 3 Destroyers.
(96) 8 Scarab Swams (3 Pieces per Base)

Easily Builds a 1K army with a couple of varient options if you do a couple different upgrades, DF's on the S-Swarm bases, etc... Probably one of the cheapest 40K armies to start up... If you don't like Flayed Ones, you could make Parihas, or Wraiths with those botx easy enough as well, and even if you just tleft them as 8 Warriors your still pretty cole to 1K if you spread those S-swarms a little more and added Df's...

Necrons are an awesome army to start with, and the Battle Force Box is a great deal.

·
Registered
162 Posts
good army to start with. I would keep the 28 necs since the are your bread and butter with jelly on top(always wound/glance on six = amazing), i was upset about being 2 shy of 3 troop choices but the box set is good, get three more destroyers a lord with a rezorb. Thats pretty much your regular run of the mill necron core.:eek:k: add the 8 scarab swarms and you got roughly 1100 pts. which should rock some socks. good luck and good gaming.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
i would not get a monolith until you have about 1500-2000 points because it just take up a lot of points that could have been used on things that are almost as good (H. destroyers, Wraiths etc). the main good thing about the monolith is that you can deep strike it any where on the battlefield and scare the crap out of your opponant :). it will also sok up a lot of incoming fire from most of their army that would otherwise have been directed at your, more importatnt, Warriors.

·
Registered
365 Posts
If you are building a tournament army go with one box set to start with. Most GT armies use 2 squads of 10 warrior and everything else is non-troop choices. For a fluff army or just for fun there are a lot of options, but they all start with the box set.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes the content was changed at some point. The old battle force had 4 destroyers, 20 warriors and 5 scarab swarms. I wouldn't say you got cheated, but I like the new one better.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think i might get the battle force. What do you guys think.............. Hahahaha.
I'll be building a friendly army up to 2000 points.
Thanks for all your advice guys.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts