Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone here could help me out.

ok so we all know that if you are armed with two melee weapons you gain an extra attack, and under the fighting with two weapons heading in the necromunda rulebook it says that if the model is equipped with a basic, special or heavy weapon it cannot benefit from the two weapon bonus. I don't have a problem with this.

But... in the 2008 errata they make a point about being able to carry as many pistols and basic weapons as you like and that it is only heavy weapons that require a hand to hold them at all times.

sooooo, i could totally understand that carrying a heavy weapon would negate the two weapon bonus, but seeing as a fighter doesnt need a hand spare to hold a basic weapon it doesnt seem to make much sense that they prevent the two weapon bonus.

any feedback would be much appreciated :D

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
As Wolf Lord said, I think this is more to do with the basic weapons being able to be slung over the shoulder to free up the hands to carry more, and you could, theoretically, carry a heap of weapons on your back if you wanted (until you spine/legs gave up ;-) ), but I think for them they negate the two weapon bonus because of the cumbersome nature of doing it.

If you were dressed like neo with a tonne of pistols, etc strapped to you, you can happily use two of them at the same time, and the others are neatly tucked away. Try leaping around with a rifle strapped to your back and it'd be swinging all over the shop, and even if just running around, it'd be cumbersome and would probably affect your scrapping.

Also, if you think that the ganger would want quick access to the rifle, if it was strapped up so it was still and didn't swing about on his back it would take a while to get it off, so if it's loose so he can get it quick, it'd swing everywhere in cc :)

That's my take on it anyway! if there's one gun I'd never want to carry it'd be a heavy bolter, without the old 'suspensors' they'd weigh a ton :-D

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea thats true... I guess i'll just bring it up with my group the next time were together and we can make a house ruling on it.

thanks guys

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
seems to me that the most effective way of securing a weapon to your back would be in a sheath, like a knife etc. If it was tightly strapped to your back, it wouldnt hinder movement much, as its not swinging around, and you could easily add a popper (or similar) to the top for easy access...

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I remember back when necromunda started my gaming group had the same problem.
We houseruled that if you had 2 handweaps you got the extra attack, if you added a basic weapon into the mix you could pay 5pts extra for a rifle sling/strap which let you keep the extra attack, more than 1 basic weapon or a heavy/ special weapon and you lost the additional attack bonus completely.
It worked well enough for us.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
seems to me that the most effective way of securing a weapon to your back would be in a sheath, like a knife etc. If it was tightly strapped to your back, it wouldnt hinder movement much, as its not swinging around, and you could easily add a popper (or similar) to the top for easy access...
It wouldn't work for a rifle (not in as handy a way as it does in Evil Dead/Army of Darkness ;-) ), there's too many things to snag on. A sling would swing about too much, a sheath, good in theory, but it would be too tricky getting the weapon in and out of in a hurry :)

I think the rules are fair, stops people shooting with a lasgun on their turn, then getting attacked and using two close combat weapons in the following turn to get the bonus.

My pennies worth :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Our house rule is that basic and special weapon can be slung in order to free both hands. Heavy weapons require two hands. I find it hard to believe that the dumbest ganger can’t find some rope, belts or rat-tails and string himself a sling.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts