Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I've been meaning to get into Necromunda a while now but am not too sure of some of the minis, my initial idea was to convert some but I've recently seen these Madpuppet Miniatures and wondered if they would go ok?

So here's a link to the miniatures I mean, scroll down to the bottom, I'm referring to the Scavenger miniatures - http://www.madpuppetminiatures.com/main.php?zone=cat&cat=2

So thoughts? Would their scale be ok? The bases are larger but I'm fairly sure the models themselves aren't too much bigger.

If Ok, which gang would you say they fit with most accurately. I just really need an excuse to buy these minis and what better than also gaining an incentive to finally start Necromunda?

Cheers.

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
The minis look pretty nice and seem to suit the role.

Scale wise I really can't tell from the picture but they will probably work.

The problem is the lack of figures, there just is not enough to build a decent size gang. but you could always mix them in with other minis.

They don't really suggest any particular gang strongly but first instinct says Orlocks.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Vash, yes I'd probably have to mix them up or could try converting a few but they look very limited on what you could do to them conversion wise.

I'm not well read up on Necromunda fluff either at the moment so I'll have a read and look at current gangs to help me choose which gang they'd suit best.

Thanks for your input :victory:.

·
Registered
267 Posts
For alternative necromunda minis I wouldn't look further than Urban War.

There's some great minis in this range, perfect for gang style combat.
The scenery they make is awesome and cheap !!!!!!!! The one thing that has been putting me of necromunda is the amount of scenery. I might order a few of thier pieces to solve that problem

Skar

·
Registered
324 Posts
The madpuppets look perfect for a scavvy gang. And at 30mm, all you'll have to do is put them on slottas. For Orlocks, Catachans are perfect.
You might also check out Foundry's Street Violence line as well as some of the Reapers for
the other gangs/hired guns.
Searching odd mini companies can often turn up a mini oe two that fit in. My Escher gang even had a witch elf with chainsword and autopistol.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
http://www.heresyminiatures.com/images/hsf020_metal_1.jpg
I found this at heresy miniatures and a few other good models that would make a great Delaque gang my favourite is the ganger with a shotgun having a crafty cigarette and the fat ganger with a missile launcher although the sniper thats in the wip forums looks sweet.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No not had much thought about it to be truly honest but must start rethinking.

I like the Urban War miniatures but hadn't thought about using them as alternate Necromunda miniatures so I might look into those also but I do still like the Madpuppet miniatures ones.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts