Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fluff fanatics of heresy can you help me out? I'm wanting to do a little bit of homebrew fluff and I need to know, is necromancy possible in the 41st millenium? I know the eldar can do it in some fashion through wraith-constructs but can someone make daemonic pacts or obtain this through other means?

Also is there anything that can give the illusion of resurrection such as daemonic possession of a dying or dead soldier?

Many thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Yeah. Chaos can do that.

One of the Ciaphas Cain novels has a killed Slaaneshi cultist returning as a Daemon Princess. That`s one way of doing it.

Seances in which a dead spirit is contacted are done in the first Eisenhorn novel.

Chaos Sorcerers have been known to raise armies of undead on several occasions.

Short answer, yes. :good:

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Nurgle and his followers often send forth a Zombie Plague killing the hosts and bringing them back as zombies. A good description can be found in False Gods on Davin. They also made quite an appearence in the 13th Black Crusade and theres a bit of fluff on them in the Eye of Terror codex

·
Registered
70 Posts
There's even forbidden technologies to reanimate corpses. Think zombie terminator servators (if i'm reading the fluff right on lexicanum.)

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
If I remember correctly there is a Necromancer as the main villain of the piece in one of the Soul Drinker novels. Might have been an Alpha Level Psycher who worshipped Nurgle or some such thing. Was pretty good actually.

·
Registered
70 Posts
That was some sort of experiment that got pissed off and started taking over an entire sector... or something, whatever it was, second book in the series.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Raising mindless zombies is pretty damn easy. Nurgle does it, powerful psykers and daemons have been known to do it, a few weird techs like Dark Heresy's Sarcossan Wave generator can do it, not to mention just making obliviate-servitors from corpses.

These are of course just puppets. When it comes to an actual resurrection of the body or soul... Possibly chaos for the former, though I suppose you could clone/build/abuduct a body to put thiongs into. Souls are the tricky part. Outside of the eldar, whose souls remain conscious after death and live in their spirit-stones and the Infinity Circuits of the Craftworlds, it's pretty unheard of any soul coming back. Possibly chaos could do it, but no way they'd leave you unchanged...

The inability to truly bring back the dead is what drove Haarlock to madness, damnation and in worse, for any Dark Heresy fans who know the Haarlock's Legacy books.

·
Bruva I am hit!
582 Posts
When it comes to an actual resurrection of the body or soul... Possibly chaos for the former, though I suppose you could clone/build/abuduct a body to put thiongs into. Souls are the tricky part. Outside of the eldar, whose souls remain conscious after death and live in their spirit-stones and the Infinity Circuits of the Craftworlds, it's pretty unheard of any soul coming back. Possibly chaos could do it, but no way they'd leave you unchanged...
Eliphas came back just fine in Chaos Rising, I think. Mind you, he was with the Black Legion by then, but I think Jonah Orion had a good explanation as to how the Chaos Gods can bring back particularly favored champions (or champions that have a huge fan following...).

And he had a different VA post-ressurection.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Chaos brings favored ones back all the damn time. Legionnaires crawl out of the warp in droves.

I even made a land raider with a mini-portal that did such a thing(Spew chaos marines)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts