Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 40 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks everyone! Well, it's pretty much done now. So, without further ado...

The Macharian IXX

Here are some random closeups:

Here are my Leman Russes:

And some massed infantry:

That's just about it. If I add anything else really crazy to this army, I'll post it up here as well, but my basic 1750 - 2000 point army is done!

So, what do you think? C&C are appreciated! Oh, and if you want closeups of anything in this army, just let me know! I'll post them up here as well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That is just beautiful *sniff, wipe a tear*. Exactly the kind of Imp Guard army I want to field some day. Have you had a chance to play with it yet? How effective is it.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It's actually quite effective as a gunline army. 3 Basilisks can really lay waste to the enemy really quickly, and my deep-striking stormtroopers easily make their points back nearly every game (deepstrike next to some Berzerkers, 4 plasma shots, 4 hits, 4 dead Berzerkers!). The General is pretty nasty too though. He and his Commissar buddy have taken out a 5-man terminator squad in CC before.

It really is a fun army to field and play with though, and I must say it's interesting how many people stop and take a closer look at it during tournaments/mega battles at my local GW!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The Mordians are still alive and well...

Just like to point out that I have now officially completed my Basilisks! I have now added crew members to the other two:

I was greatly dismayed to find out that Conquerors will not be in the new codex... so I decided to convert mine into a Punisher using a Hellblaster Volleygun :victory: However, I haven't started that project yet...

Other than that, I'll be making a few Executioners sometime in the far future as well. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what exactly does themed army mean?

I really like the dedication to actually painting a quality infantry heavy IG army, most of the time its treadheads who play IG and when its not you get a ton of guys with a spraycoat, 1 shoulder pad and a face painted.

·
Registered
178 Posts
allways loved Mordian guard.

Yours are very nice .

I like the bloody minded , 3 basilisk option. My army would have to hide alot from yours :)

I think you require some APC now , unless your like my Tau, playing friend who deploys dead centre and then spends the rest of the game falling back while shelling, zapping everything trying to close with his forces.

your heavy weapon teams are nasty also , very nasty.

A very scary looking army indeed , i think you have done great.

have some rep :clapping:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks!

Just out of curiosity, what exactly does themed army mean?
I think it would be an army that is painted/modeled to follow a particular theme, ie. all my vox operators have musical instruments.

Anyway, here's my Leman Russ Punisher!

That's 32 shots a turn at BS4! Not bad.

I also redid a couple things on my Commissar Lord (converted Yarrick) and my "counts-as" Straken (converted Rogue trader Marneus Calgar). I just figured that he would be best represented in battle with Straken's stats...

Too bad there are no more trademark items anymore... but I guess the tea table can still be called an objective or something.

Anyway, since I have nothing more to paint, I've decided to start basing my models. Other than that, I'm not sure what my next major project will be. Anyone have any suggestions?

As always, C&C are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
312 Posts
loving the army, currently working on my own mordian army in redcoat colours :) unfortunately i gotta pay the gw prices for mine.

·
Registered
427 Posts
i have never liked the mordian models but i must say you have made them look fantastic and i love the musical theme to the army

i definatly like the punisher conversion, and i may have to steal the idea for my traitor guard

+rep fopr your work

cheers

edd

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
w00t! great to see someone else doing some metal guardsmen! i'll try and get some pics of my mordians up tomorrow...

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Thanks! Nice to see more Mordians, they always have been my personal favorite IG army.

Anyway, my next project will be a penal-legion based branch of my army. That will include 50 conscripts, 2 or 3 penal squads, and their Commandant, a counts-as Captain Chenkov.

Here he is:

He's the only one in my army with a completely black uniform (not including the gold trims...). Just a pointless fact.

I think I might also make a carapace armoured command squad, with a converted "Officer of the Fleet" as the officer. Stay tuned!

C&C are always appreciated.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Thanks!

Well, here's another small update: a Chimera!

Now my command squad is a little bit safer from enemy fire...

And one more thing, I have now based my entire army!

Just simple grass/gravel, but it works, and personally I'm surprised how much it adds to the whole look of the army.

I have another 3 squads of Mordians on order, and I plan on adding a couple more Chimeras, so stay tuned.

C&C are always appreciated.

·
Registered
541 Posts
On the few models that I actually have finished basing (grumble grumble) I have found that painting the edge of the bases the same color as the flock adds to it. The black edges disrupt the look you're going for by basing them to begin with.

21 - 40 of 122 Posts