Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the spell you fear the most?
I find magic can either be mediocre or awesome and sometimes just one spell can have a huge impact on the game, so which ones do you fear coming off against you???

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Indigo Fire.... My fave spell of the game. When you field lots of low toughness, low WS troops with no armor, it doesn't take much for a few Horrors to ruin your day, lol. That spell cost me a game in a local tourney when my Chaos Warhounds, placed in front of the rest of the army as a missile screen, succumbed to Indigo fire and proceeded to block the advance of my mêlée army for the majority of the game. Ugh... it was a nightmare! :(:laugh:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nasty, its amazing how some low key spells can ruins someones day, ive seen woodelf treesinging screw with peoples armies in the past in a similar way, although not attacking back in tiny pink dirvish form obviously

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
i love the indigo fire spell especially against night goblins but the spell i most dislike is either eadbutt (just say goodbye to that army standard) or tapdance of gork, gorks warpath. but the spell i have seen used to best effect is in a massive battle when two orc shamens both cast waagh the warboss also called waagh and a whole orc army was in combat in its turn 1 ive never really had too much trouble with any other races magic in this edition although old school arnzipals black horror, the wind of death and curse of yearswere evil

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I personally like the necromancy spell curse of years. Nice little spell that wipes out entire units at a time.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
For direct damage, the Skaven Plague spell is awesome!

For bound spells, Queen Kalida's Staff is the bomb. Not only can it do direct damage, but it will prevent the unit from moving in the next turn. That, is awesome!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I agree with Gork's Warpath - I wiped out the crew of three of my Friend's Empire war machines in one turn.
Vaul's Unmaking makes me want to grit my teeth, though.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I still remember with dread the old high elf spell that could move hills, not the sort of thing you'd want to face when you have loads of artillery.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I still remember with dread the old high elf spell that could move hills, not the sort of thing you'd want to face when you have loads of artillery.
Assault of stone, a true classic. Everyone would steer clear of the hills for miles. It was hilarious watching people deploy their armies to avoid it. It was almost more effective as a threat than as an actual spell. The 5th ed plague spell was possibly the nastiest piece of magical shennanigans I ever saw, and funny to boot. I also really enjoy gobbling down warpstone to really power up those spells...

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
Pits of shades is a pretty destructive spell. If your army is a slow army it can be a character and special unit killer.

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
Indigo Fire, Titillating Delusions, Gork's Warpath. My favorite spells. It's always fun to see your opponent's most powerful unit march backwards into his army. Or halfway across the board.

-Dirge

·
Registered
3 Posts
ruination of cities it can wipe out masses of an army. ive seen half an army crushed by it. of course they were night goblins!

·
Registered
30 Posts
yes but a high elf mage automatically come with drain magic so it can make other wizads be appsolutly useless. S I think that is one of the best for what it comes with, for free!

·
Registered
52 Posts
i haven't played to many different armies but i have to say i love gaze of gork (bye-bye stupid t3 knights with 1+ saves) you know the s2 no armor save. but i also love gorks warpath for t5 no armor dudes.

·
Registered
365 Posts
As a magic-heavy player, I have to say drain magic. Just one of the reasons I'm joining the bedrobes club. Go HE!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts