Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi,
I have a chaos space marine/ traitor guard army (fluff wise; as you can't mix army lists in regular games), and I still can't think of a name for them.
I've tried looking for Latin stuff, using thesauruses, etc. so I was wondering if you guys could help.

Here's the fluff:

This cult/warband worships Nurgle and another being called The Creator, who is believed by them to be the son of Nurgle. The Creator embodies Nurgle's enthusiasm, and love of creation; as well as fear and insanity; he has a split personality and is severely insane. The followers of the cult/warband are a bit like the creator. They are all insane (as most followers of chaos are), many have split-personalities, they love to scavenge and fix things, and they love to build things (like daemon-engines and zombies of varying types). They get parts to do this by scavenging battlefields for remains and stitching them into new abominations to serve under their cause. They currently live on a daemon world in The Eye of Terror, which is a large manufactorum/experimentation area. were all sorts of monstrosities and daemonic machines are built by the hour. the planet surface is dark and corrupted with hazardous waste, and failed/feral creations that roam the desolate, foggy wastes. Captives are regularly brought to the planet to serve as test subjects and fresh parts. The Creator is neither God, Daemon, or man; and how he become what he is is not known.
Their symbol is a metallic 8-pointed star with the silhouette of a man's face in the middle, the face has no features and is split down the middle; the left side is black with a red eye, and the right is pure white; there are also 8 rivets in the centre of the star surrounding the silhouette, and there are also lines through the middle of the points making a hexagon-like shape. I'd try to post a drawing or pic or something but I don't know how.
The Chaos Space Marines have green armor with a rusted steel trim, and the guardsmen have green flak armor with dirty-brown cloth. the guardsmen vehicles are usually brown with some green and are decorated with decaying bodies and chains. they always paint a daemonic face on their basilisk's ___ (what's that shield-looking thing up near the earthsaker called? I'm tempted to say blast shield but I don't know), as they believe it will invoke the power of the Chaos Gods. the Chaos Marine dreadnaughts are usually green, with flayed skins and many many trophies and decorations (I have a converted dreadnaught for this but I don't know how to post pics). They don't rely on daemons too much and are usually only seen with them in large-scale battles. instead of becoming huge, bloated fiends like other followers of Nurgle, the guardsmen are usually pale and emaciated, with strange mutations and other abnormalities that are often intentionally there.
They favor varied combat roles for warfare, and are well known for their relied upon use of infections (notably parasitic), and war-beasts. they usually either go for an all-infantry army, or one mixed with some tanks; there are almost never armored companies.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
What about these:
Plague Fiends
The Defiled ones
The Scavengers of Flesh
Flesh Reavers

Just a few I came up with. Oh and I really like your fluff, very creative.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about these:
Plague Fiends
The Defiled ones
The Scavengers of Flesh
Flesh Reavers

Just a few I came up with. Oh and I really like your fluff, very creative.
thanks, i really like flesh reavers. seems like an appropriate name to me.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Greetings my cousin, a pox upon you. Listen not to the words of the Corpse God's followers, for they seek only to lead you from the embrace of our beloved Grandfather Nurgle. For he has heard your plight and has sent one of your brothers, I, to aid you.

The best name I can think of, dear cousin is simple: The Corpse Collectors. Perhaps a minor variation to be the Sons of the Grave?

I would even venture, dear cousin, to let you borrow a name most dear to me. A name for which I am most proud. You seem eager, as I once was, in worshipping the only true god of Chaos -- Papa Nurgle.

Therefore I bestow upon you the Children of the Pox.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
The Festering

Cult of the Rebirthed Flesh

Seven's Corpses

Enamored Emancipates

Do any of those stir the Plague God's satisfaction?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help guys, really appreciate it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts