Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says I am lacking a name for my necron army any ideas would be good

·
Registered
999 Posts
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind? No wait...that one is already taken. :)
Energizer? No that's no good either. :)
NiHd?
Rechargeables?
Light Bright?
Glow in the dark?
Night Light?
AA?
AAA?

Seriously though....How about Warriors of the Eternal?

Man Necrons are so much fun.

·
Banned
677 Posts
Heralds(Harbingers) of Netera Khet,

Or, Bringers of the flame of gods. Actual ancient egyptian.

·
Registered
250 Posts
i seen a necron army at a R.T. several years ago. it's name sound like something you would find coming off an assemble line. something like series 327 group 1, 2, 3, you get the idea. it fit the feel of the necron army the whole idea of robots making robots. hope that helps.:eek:k:

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like all of the sensible suggestions. I wanted a name to descibe them like a deamons real name is secret so the ordo malleus name them something like blood mourner, mind changer, body boiler.

I was thining something like; storm bringers, blackeners of the sky

·
Registered
181 Posts
Necrons are just named after the planet they awakened from:p but thats to bland so something awakened would be good

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Well the Necrons are known as the Yngnir by the Eldar...

I dont think they really give themselves names anymore as no necrons really talk..

I would say the best way to give them a name is to try and think of something the other races might call them..

Eldar would probably say something like the "Yngnir of Sinkoran"
Humans would be the "Sinkoran Necrons"
Tau might have "Sinkoran Technocrats"
Orks might say something that means "Sinkoranian Ghosts"
Chaos would be rate them with something like "Sickness from Sinkoran"

Have fun with it

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thnk i'll go with destroyers of Serb or the storm of Serb (Serb is the home lanet of my MArine chapter coinsidentally the same place where they awakened. Thanks for your help.:eek:k:

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
The Darkness of Serb

·
Registered
999 Posts
Ooh..ooh...How about: 100111101011010100101010011000001100110011001001000100010

:) Seriously though, I like Bishop120's suggestion of The Darkness of Serb.

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
I don't think necrons would have names. Gives them a sense of personality which they shouldn't have. If you want names maybe your Lord should be named..Lord of Sector 5637.456 or some random number of mix of letters. Than go down from there from army to squad to model. So a model in a warrior squad would be 134.5.9. Army name 134, squad 5, warrior 9 in that squad

·
Registered
564 Posts
what about: 10011010111011000010110 ?

Seriously though,

i name them after their tomb world, so mine are just referred to as 'Kathek', or 'of Kathek'.

i got lazy with the necron lord though and blatently ripped off Russel T Davies for the lord's given name by the Eldar: 'The Oncoming Storm', and i also sometimes put the two together to describe the army - 'The Oncoming Storm of Kathek'

1 - 20 of 20 Posts