Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Ive been working on my marines for a while now, with only a colour scheme I nicked from The Storm Wardens

But I don't like their fluff, or their chapter symbol.

So I need a name and a symbol. I do quite like 'Wardens' but can't think of anything to fit.

Also need a nice, simple symbol that my commission guy can do on all the pads...

Brainstorm away!

(also, I have used the Chapter Name Generators that are out there)

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
A name that strikes fear into the heart of many,
the traffic wardens?

Reactions: torealis

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Wardens of Sin
A loyal chapter which recruits from other chapters, or more correct, is assigned less wanted individuals. High concentration of Chaplains and close ties to the inqusition who overlooks its administration. Takes on the most dire tasks and battles so that their brothers my find redemption in the eyes of their former brothers.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Silent Wardens.

Many Chapters are stationed on worlds around the Eye of Terror, but none so perilously close as the Silent Wardens. Their homeworld is dead, the very life burned from it when a daemon host invaded the tranquil agri-world, its name long since forgotten. The Silent Wardens were then known as Chapter 974, created and charged with the halting of this invasion before more Imperial reinforcements could mount a full defensive campaign. Chapter 974 did more than just buy time, however - under their Chapter Master's peerless tactical aptitude, coupled with an absolute resolve and abject lack of mercy for the planet's inhabitants, the daemon invasion was pushed back.

The rift that had opened in the capital was closed before Imperial reinforcements could ever arrive, but the planet was torn. Great rifts into its very core scarred the landscape, volcanic eruption searing the once pleasant countryside and turning all to ash. Chapter 974 could only watch as the planet burned, all in the name of the Imperium.

When the Imperial forces finally arrived and found they were unneeded, the Commander called for a triumph to be held aboard his flagship to honour the victory. The Chapter Master, whose very name went unrecorded, came aboard with his captains, but none of them spoke a word. The celebrations were chillsome, and felt wrong to all no matter how much the Imperial Commander tried to smooth things over with his Terran wines. The Chapter Master simply looked out the window at the planet he had destroyed, and said nothing.

Chapter 974 was redesignated the Silent Wardens, and given the planet as their base to remain watchful over the Eye of Terror. No songs are sung of their heroism, no names are recorded. Their companies have no nicknames, no personalities, and their Chapter Master (or Keeper of Tranquility as he is known within the chapter) loses his identity the moment he takes office. Even in battle, the Silent Wardens issue no warcries, exalt no glorious battles of days gone by. They advance implacably, following the Codex to the letter, never questioning, never faltering. Their silent vigil continues day and night, so that no other world might suffer the same fate as they visited upon that poor planet so long ago.

Symbol: A single white skull with an X for a mouth.

·
Closet Dictator
3,431 Posts
Storm brethren, storm/tempestus knights, sons of thunder, thunder knights, chapter symbol a single lightning bolt in runic style like ze germans or a sword with a lightning bolt for the blade, hope it helps

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
I've recently been dicking around with SM chapter ideas myself, and one that I was considering is "Void Knights" or "Voidreavers".

Using void for your army as well, perhaps Void Wardens. Since space (the void) is pretty vast, they have their work cut out for them. I really think reference to the warp, or rather realspace (since that's what they'd really be guarding) would be more appropriate than simply the void, though.

Wardens of the Materium would be accurate for that purpose, but kinda clunky. Too many syllables. Materium Wardens doesn't sound cool.

Wardens of Truth, could have Inquisitorial ties like the Red Hunters.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Adeptus Gustos (fits in with all the adeptus stuff)

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
You could go with something like "Imperial Wardens", "Doom Wardens", "Shadow Wardens" or "Wardens of Redemption"

you could have the symbol be a chaos star with a red line through it or something like that depicting that they have renounced chaos and returned to fight for the emperor.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Wardens of the Warp - symbol could be the Eye of terror or a ellipse galaxy.

And do the fluff around them closing warp storms where the storms appear... or something similiar.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Dawn Wardens.

Their homeworld travels in an irregular orbit around a single star, leaving the planet in utter darkness for the vast majority of the time. The settlements on this death world are at constant threat from nocturnal predators, and their only respite is during short periods of daylight.

The strongest and most hardy warriors protect the village during the night, surviving on little sleep yet always ready to strike when danger rears it's head. They have evolved night vision far beyond normal humans, and developed an enhanced stamina which makes them perfect recruiting ground for the Astartes.

Their Chapter symbol is a line under a yellow semi circle, representing the horizon at dawn. The dawn of a new day is sacred to each and every warrior, fighting with all they have to see the sun rise once again.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Indolent Wardens -

Fluff - Whenever called upon for aid they ask someone else to do it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts